How are filter rollers sized?

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i'm planning out a roughly 2000-2500 litre system (530-660 gal) and I am looking for filter roller options. From looking at deltecs website, I think that filter rollers are sized through the flow running through them, not the total amount of water in the system. Although the reefmat says it is rated for up to a 1200 litre system, it says it has a maximum flow rate of 9000 litres per hour. And on my system I will be running around 8000 litres per hour through my sump with a medium to low bioload of fish as well as a big refugium and fancy protein skimmer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as red sea haven't gotten back to me in over 3 months and 5 emails.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th issue with using the 1200 on that size system will be that the floss will get clogged very quickly, and you will be replacing rolls quite often, and the drive motor will be working overtime as well which will also burn out and require replacement (it is free for a new motor under warranty, but you must do the labor yourself - I have a video on that here: ). In your situation, Id try to find a more industrial roller solution, or go with a different method altogether.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back