How fast can you cycle new tank with old stuff?

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the 2 fish in but they seemed to be struggling so I took them out. I got senye slide today 3 days after removing the fish and leting the tank season a bit more and foun out that the NH3 in tank reading 0.099-0.102 level. Is this a bad amonia leve lthat can kill fish?
I'm hoping to remove all the water and go it ha new batch of water tomorrow. What are you guys thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I put the 2 fish in but they seemed to be struggling so I took them out. I got senye slide today 3 days after removing the fish and leting the tank season a bit more and foun out that the NH3 in tank reading 0.099-0.102 level. Is this a bad amonia leve lthat can kill fish?
I'm hoping to remove all the water and go it ha new batch of water tomorrow. What are you guys thoughts?
Allow the tank to run at least 73 and see what water test determines. I am not sold on live rock and instant introduction always. Add denitrfying bacteria such as MicroBacter XLM to build bacteria colonies before adding fish

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not really, not fast anyway. Did you soak the slide per instructions?
Well not the 24 or 48 for salt water as they say. I soaked it for 30 mins then tested. But it says the downside is will show lower PH level. It showed me PH level of 6.4 :) It does not say it will change the NH3 level.

Anyway I put it to soak more in the tank sump on top of a bag for now to test later tomorrow.

Back