How many of these have you had? It's got to be at least one...right?

How many online livestock orders have you had in your reefing "career?"

• None

Votes: 143 20.3%
  • Under 5

Votes: 179 25.4%
  • Under 10

Votes: 132 18.8%
  • Under 25

Votes: 128 18.2%
  • Under 50

Votes: 61 8.7%
  • Under 100

Votes: 28 4.0%
  • More than 100 (do tell)

Votes: 29 4.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.6%

• Total voters

Mr&MrsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a couple livestock orders this past week and I was left with the shipping boxes and wondering what to do with them. I hear you....KEEP THEM right? Well that was me too about 1000 orders ago! Ok maybe not that many but it's been a lot and I have too many boxes now.

It did get me thinking though, not about boxes, but about online livestock orders and how many I have had over the years. I don't know exactly but I'll take a guess and say since 2004 it's been around 200 or so. 170 is a conservative bet I would think. So what about you? Let's make this a two fold question of the day.

1. How long have you been in the hobby and how many online livestock orders have you had?

2. What do you do with the empty styrofoam shipping boxes?

still shopping online2.jpg

[/QUOT

Mr&MrsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WE ACTUALLY TAKE OURS TO OUR LFS SO THEY CAN REUSE FOR THEIR SHIPPING NEEDS...

1. How long have you been in the hobby and how many online livestock orders have you had?
I've been in the hobby for maybe four years??? I can't remember. I've only ever had one online shipment; some rock, sand, and a crab from TBS.
I like to use the empty Styrofoam boxes for storage. Or, if I get a large animal like maybe a coral I will use them to drip acclimate.
[/QUOTE]

lakemagic11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently received a couple livestock orders this past week and I was left with the shipping boxes and wondering what to do with them. I hear you....KEEP THEM right? Well that was me too about 1000 orders ago! Ok maybe not that many but it's been a lot and I have too many boxes now.

It did get me thinking though, not about boxes, but about online livestock orders and how many I have had over the years. I don't know exactly but I'll take a guess and say since 2004 it's been around 200 or so. 170 is a conservative bet I would think. So what about you? Let's make this a two fold question of the day.

still shopping online2.jpg
I use the styrofoam to lift my buckets while accumulating.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only been in the hobby for 1 year and sadly have no choice but to order livestock online, all my LFS fish are infected with ich or other diseases so i rather have atleast a warranty that the fish will be alive for 14 days. Mind you i live in nyc lol shout out to @SALGADO AQUATICS though they always have very healthy fish and deliver the next day. I usually throw them out but always keep one or two for acclimation purposes.

Last edited:

jhawksw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the hobby 8 years. No livestock only ordered rodi filters and mechanical filter media and dry food.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel as the years have passed I have found myself making more online orders.

When I had my first reef. 18 odd years ago... it was all about getting the stuff in store. I do remember I made a single online order for my dream fish (longnose hawk fish) my mother had to acclimate him while I was at school and her story telling it is priceless. To sum it up the fish launched himself out of the bucket and flopped hopelessly for a couple seconds than got launched into the tank

giphy.gif

As for how many orders I have had? Ah over the course of all the years I’d say it’s under 25... do my best to shop LFS because they no doubt need our support especially during these times!

I also have seen with the recent pandemic I’m sure a TON more orders are being made online ALL THE TIME.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 104 49.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back