How to save stressed clownfish

KaylaGaudet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just finally put my first 2 clown fish in my aquarium however the aquarium store didn’t inform me I’m not suppose to have my lights on during acclimation. Now they are swimming low or up the walls how do I calm them down?

Tank is a 70g

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is not bothering them, don't worry. You can leave your lights on or turn them, it doesn't matter. I always turn my lights on, its boring to look at a dark tank.

They probably just exploring their new home, but for sure there actions has nothing to do with the lights.

You did cycle the tank first before getting the fish, right?

OP
OP
K

KaylaGaudet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is not bothering them, don't worry. You can leave your lights on or turn them, it doesn't matter. I always turn my lights on, its boring to look at a dark tank.

They probably just exploring their new home, but for sure there actions has nothing to do with the lights.

You did cycle the tank first before getting the fish, right?
I must have waited a little longer during acclimation process then, yes I did cycle the tank about almost 2 weeks ago I brought a water sample to an aquarium store for testing they said everything was fine my nitrites were at 0.5 and to wait one more week. I dosed the tank with ammonia to start then waited for the process to start through live sand and live rock

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sounds normal to me.
They will seek out the limits of their space first, then decide on a spot to stay close to.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back