how to take photos with 300-600mm f5-f6.4?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ik, but its cool to use, would a 50-300 work?(Its the old sigma macro/zoom lens)
That one would be better suited than the 300-600. IMO zoom lenses tend to be a compromise better suited as walk around lenses. If you want to capture detail of coral and such it's hard to beat a fixed focal length macro lens. A Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro was one of my favorites when I was shooting but I've been out of the hobby for years so there may me better options now depending on what body you are using.
I used to be big into macro but it was tiny outdoor critters, bugs and such. Shooting through glass under tank lighting brings a whole new set of challenges.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one would be better suited than the 300-600. IMO zoom lenses tend to be a compromise better suited as walk around lenses. If you want to capture detail of coral and such it's hard to beat a fixed focal length macro lens. A Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro was one of my favorites when I was shooting but I've been out of the hobby for years so there may me better options now depending on what body you are using.
I used to be big into macro but it was tiny outdoor critters, bugs and such. Shooting through glass under tank lighting brings a whole new set of challenges.
ok, thanks :D

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 11.5%
Back