I haven’t bought an acantho since 5 months ago

Mr. Acantho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, you’ve GOT to be kidding me. The last acantho I bought was the Sparkling Pink Acantho back in May '24, and at this point, I’m pretty sure it’s qualified for AARP. I’ve been sitting here, like some crazed coral addict, drooling over my sandbed like it’s a barren wasteland, waiting for something epic to show up. But what do these stores keep throwing at me?

“Hey, want another mushroom?” Oh, sure, because I clearly need more tiny, colorful saucers flying around my tank like it’s about to host a rave. Look, I love my mushroom, but I want acanthos!!

And don’t even get me started on the gonipora. Yeah, they’re beautiful, but it’s not an acantho!!

Meanwhile, I’m sitting on this stack of cash, itching to make it rain on something actually worth the space in my tank, and I can’t find a single acantho to throw it at. Like, what do I have to do? Kidnap their best coral, hold it for ransom, and demand they bring me a top-tier acantho in exchange?

Here’s the note: “Dear WWC, TSA, and any decent acantho dealer in the country, this is not a drill. Either you deliver an acantho so epic it’ll make my sandbed look like the VIP section at an underwater nightclub, or I’m coming for all your high-end stock. I’m talking your prized chalices, your most expensive scoly — I’ll clean you out, and you’ll be left with nothing but bargain bin frags and tears. You’ve got until the holidays. Don’t disappoint me.”

I’m not out here looking for a few extra mushrooms and gonipora to fill space like some amateur — I want something that’ll turn my tank into the Mona Lisa of reefs, not a garage sale for discount corals. I need acanthos that will make mermaids cry and Poseidon himself bow down in envy.

And if these stores don’t deliver soon, I swear I’ll show up with a bullhorn and a giant sign that says, “NO ACANTHO, NO PEACE!” My sandbed is not here for a backyard coral BBQ, it’s here to be a freaking royal parade of underwater luxury. Let’s GO, stores — bring me the acantho that’ll make Neptune himself rethink his throne!
1000013111.jpg
1000013112.jpg

1000013109.jpg
1000013110.jpg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
Oh, you’ve GOT to be kidding me. The last acantho I bought was the Sparkling Pink Acantho back in May '24, and at this point, I’m pretty sure it’s qualified for AARP. I’ve been sitting here, like some crazed coral addict, drooling over my sandbed like it’s a barren wasteland, waiting for something epic to show up. But what do these stores keep throwing at me?

“Hey, want another mushroom?” Oh, sure, because I clearly need more tiny, colorful saucers flying around my tank like it’s about to host a rave. Look, I love my mushroom, but I want acanthos!!

And don’t even get me started on the gonipora. Yeah, they’re beautiful, but it’s not an acantho!!

Meanwhile, I’m sitting on this stack of cash, itching to make it rain on something actually worth the space in my tank, and I can’t find a single acantho to throw it at. Like, what do I have to do? Kidnap their best coral, hold it for ransom, and demand they bring me a top-tier acantho in exchange?

Here’s the note: “Dear WWC, TSA, and any decent acantho dealer in the country, this is not a drill. Either you deliver an acantho so epic it’ll make my sandbed look like the VIP section at an underwater nightclub, or I’m coming for all your high-end stock. I’m talking your prized chalices, your most expensive scoly — I’ll clean you out, and you’ll be left with nothing but bargain bin frags and tears. You’ve got until the holidays. Don’t disappoint me.”

I’m not out here looking for a few extra mushrooms and gonipora to fill space like some amateur — I want something that’ll turn my tank into the Mona Lisa of reefs, not a garage sale for discount corals. I need acanthos that will make mermaids cry and Poseidon himself bow down in envy.

And if these stores don’t deliver soon, I swear I’ll show up with a bullhorn and a giant sign that says, “NO ACANTHO, NO PEACE!” My sandbed is not here for a backyard coral BBQ, it’s here to be a freaking royal parade of underwater luxury. Let’s GO, stores — bring me the acantho that’ll make Neptune himself rethink his throne!
1000013111.jpg
1000013112.jpg

1000013109.jpg
1000013110.jpg
you must have a good bit of money you're willing to spend!

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All you need to do, for the best acantho’s you’ll ever see, is talk to Ben at @BSA Corals

He doesn’t keep the website populated. That’s for noobs

You get his number and he will text pics and give you the acantho of your dreams

He has them. Lots of them. All high grade.

OP
OP
Mr. Acantho

Mr. Acantho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you need to do, for the best acantho’s you’ll ever see, is talk to Ben at @BSA Corals
No Google reviews (#1 concern if I'm spending thousands of dollars on specimens), they charge more than WWC/TSA (only do business with +4.5 star businesses), and I can't travel to Arizona to see them in person.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No Google reviews (#1 concern if I'm spending thousands of dollars on specimens), they charge more than WWC/TSA (only do business with +4.5 star businesses), and I can't travel to Arizona to see them in person.

He’s legit
And he’s the best game in town for them

Hell send videos, pics, and he has the level of stuff you’re looking for.

He’s a collector for all types of corals, it’s not like chop shops that have hundreds of reviews from people buying zoanthids and shrooms

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never drop money like that on anything I cant see in person either personally but thats up to you

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The acans I’ve bought from him are high quality and have had no issues

F2DFF17F-D870-41F4-8CEA-F85E277BA424.jpeg

His website has around 10 on it but if you talk to him…
C230D4E2-A144-4536-9268-782554769848.jpeg
B2C0777D-FB2B-487E-9EC5-62203B3C0D7C.jpeg
027DDE0E-CA3C-4597-8E85-09EFA1953345.jpeg

He has exotics of all coral types
A1A19407-4DDF-4EC6-9F0E-2C9702DE8139.jpeg

And acantho’s are his specialty - rainbows and masters

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. WWC & TSA are 3 hours away from me. It's a tough drive, but worth to see the specimens live to avoid being disappointed.
Im sure you know this already, but in case you dont, ill mention it. TSA will do whatever they can to order exactly what you want if you specify what that is...they actually have a license to import. If you want to go in and ask if they can place an order for a specific color pattern or type it would probably be worth your time.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mr. Acantho! We have ALOT of Acantho as that is one of our specialty. Here are some sample of what we had gotten in this year, feel free to send me a DM and I can show you our current stock and answer any questions you might have.

IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_4020.jpg
IMG_9429.jpg
Theyre beautiful...I think OP ks on the same page as me though when it comes to dropping hundreds of dollars without actually seeing what im paying fkr

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaw Drops .png

image0-2024-01-18T185322.127_1080x.jpeg

Just some eye candy for you until you find your next one.
I just googled and found this one, no idea on vendor rating, but crazy looking acantho.
BSA's also got some fire pieces posted on here. wow!!

OP
OP
Mr. Acantho

Mr. Acantho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaw Drops .png

image0-2024-01-18T185322.127_1080x.jpeg

Just some eye candy for you until you find your next one.
I just googled and found this one, no idea on vendor rating, but crazy looking acantho.
BSA's also got some fire pieces posted on here. wow!!
Yeah I saw that, but I'm not doing business with them

Heard it's a scam: Post in thread 'Official Acanthophyllia, Cynarina, and Indophyllia show off (and appreciation) thread!' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/o...-and-appreciation-thread.717719/post-12836476

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU PREPARE YOUR REEF FOR IMPENDING BAD WEATHER? SHARE YOUR POWER OUTAGE TIPS IN THE COMMENTS

• Heating aids during cool months, and cooling aids during warm months.

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Battery operated aeration devices, or be prepared to manually aerate.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Reduce feeding.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Prepare extra RODI/salt water.

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Have a generator on standby.

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • I usually don't prepare.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 7 10.8%
Back