I Received a NEW Trident NP Nitrate & Phosphate Tester!!!!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...so....here is an update:

I dosed 2 capfuls of neophos about an hour or so before the NP did it's reading today. It should raise the Phos by about 0.02 based on the formula on the bottle.

Yesterday the NP measured 0.04...today it measured 0.05.
Yesterday the Hanna got 0.02...today it measured 0.07.

Technically I guess both sets of numbers are within the Hanna ULR tolerance of 0.02. Also..."technically" if I dosed enough NeoPHos to raise my tank 0.02 but the NP only registered 0.01 increase ...that's still probably within the tolerance range for the NP

I dosed 1/8th tsp of Sodium Nitrate which should have raised my Nitrate by about 1.4

Yesterday the NP measured 4.4...today it measured 5.6
Yesterday the Hanna got 3.7..today it measured 4.8

Overall I feel pretty confident in the Nitrate measurements. I don't feel that way about the Phosphate numbers but with the numbers being so small and the tolerances being what they are...it's probably "accurate".

I was worried my NP Phosphate numbers were heading down to 0.0 like others have posted...but it did see to move back up with my dose today.

Unrelated - you wrench on the Eagle?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope...flew in the back seat. That's me and my driver over someplace sandy.

Ah, got it. I wrenched on them for a spell. Not the E's but C and D's overseas. Great airframe and avionics package.

Didn't mean to derail thread - just caught my attention :D

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got complacent in trusting my np. Was reading spot on for a few weeks. Now my phos snuck back up and have to play catch up again. Really annoying its still meh at this point

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was running great for a month or so, then I had to switch reagents... ugh. Now phos reading off by over 0.1 to the high side. Another ticket into support =/

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine was running great for a month or so, then I had to switch reagents
Have you been monitoring the reagent lot numbers? My PO4 test results were significantly off at .14 when initially set up. I've just begun using a second set of reagents and now the tests match Hanna's .05 results without any calibration. However, both the first and second sets of reagents share the same lot number, which is puzzling.

Have you considered rerunning the reagent replacement task on the same batch to check for any changes in the readings? It might alter the indicated levels of remaining reagents, but could it be worth the attempt?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been monitoring the reagent lot numbers? My PO4 test results were significantly off at .14 when initially set up. I've just begun using a second set of reagents and now the tests match Hanna's .05 results without any calibration. However, both the first and second sets of reagents share the same lot number, which is puzzling.

Have you considered rerunning the reagent replacement task on the same batch to check for any changes in the readings? It might alter the indicated levels of remaining reagents, but could it be worth the attempt?
Yeah retried the replacement task again and no change. Bit the bullet today after not hearing back from support and ended up replacing the 2 week old reagents with new ones. First test and we are back to good. So things are pointing at bad reagents at this point. So user be aware, there might be a bad batch out there.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bit the bullet today after not hearing back from support and ended up replacing the 2 week old reagents with new ones. First test and we are back to good. So things are pointing at bad reagents at this point. So user be aware, there might be a bad batch out there.
What was the lot# on these?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the lot# on these?
IMG_9608.jpeg

1-2-3 from left to right. I’m not 100% certain but I believe reagent three is phosphate.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_9608.jpeg

1-2-3 from left to right. I’m not 100% certain but I believe reagent three is phosphate.
Same lot#'s that I have. 1st set tested PO4 high, 2nd set tested good.....to hanna. All same lot.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the little bottle that is mixed in to reagent 3. I don't have mine anymore, but I don't remember seeing a lot# on it either.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same lot#'s that I have. 1st set tested PO4 high, 2nd set tested good.....to hanna. All same lot.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the little bottle that is mixed in to reagent 3. I don't have mine anymore, but I don't remember seeing a lot# on it either.
Could be, but def my issue points to reagents. I inquired to NS for replacements and so far no response.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also submitted an honest review of the Trident NP to BRS's website over a month ago, and it was never approved.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back