I Received a NEW Trident NP Nitrate & Phosphate Tester!!!!

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing solved yet. They did some diagnostics, passed all the tests, asked which Hanna I’m using and conversation I’m using …that’s where it ended today. Hopefully make some progress tomorrow.

I kind of find it odd it ships with a calibration solution but so far they have advised against using it.
Yeah I submitted a ticket and no response yet. Today it’s still reading 0.01 and Hanna is now reading 0.07. Yesterday was 0.05. Makes sense since I dosed a round of roids.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used the calibration as soon as I got it and it has been doing fine so far for me

How did you use it? Just prime from the bottle and run a test or two?

Yeah I submitted a ticket and no response yet. Today it’s still reading 0.01 and Hanna is now reading 0.07. Yesterday was 0.05. Makes sense since I dosed a round of roids.

How many Hanna tests did you do? Did you average?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you use it? Just prime from the bottle and run a test or two?

How many Hanna tests did you do? Did you average?
Lately I’ve been doing 2 a day and they either come out the same or 0.01 off. It’s getting old fast.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lately I’ve been doing 2 a day and they either come out the same or 0.01 off. It’s getting old fast.

I’ve been testing phosphate twice a day with my Hanna too. It tracks where I expect it to be after taking reduction steps or leaving it idle. That’s why I’m leaning towards setting this up. I’m tired of manually testing. But the couple days of consistent testing to then change to inconsistent has me worried.

Do the chemicals stain the vial and make it not as efficient? I’m wondering why this is an issue.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen that. But I’m curious how he went about it. Since they say not to use it.

I can't speak to that. I incorrectly assumed you only asked about how to and when which is typically 48 to 72 hours after reagent change. I've not looked at the NP's FAQ recently so maybe it is different.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize they said not to use it. I just used it because it was included. If they didn’t intend on it being used why would they include it

I think there is a misunderstanding. It is included and intended to be used. Documents say 48 to 72 hours after installation.

In the case noted here they are working with support from what it sounds like to me so maybe they want to keep things consistent or control changes.

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a response today to my question asking if I should run the calibration, and was again told to wait. They said they wanted engineering to monitor for a few more days and see how it trends without any other changes. They are supposed to follow up on Monday.

JLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one over here that after calibration trident NP show phosphate bottomed (but) at the same time Hanna tested phosphate at 0.07ppm

JLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate with Neptune NP reading 6.8ppm and hanna show nitrate @ 2.8ppm
Both devices running at the same time

JLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one over here that after calibration trident NP show phosphate bottomed (but) at the same time Hanna tested phosphate at 0.07ppm

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 12

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Mine showed life for one test yesterday and then the following test it went back to 0. Hannah tested 0.07. So that 0.07 was correct but the 0 following isn’t. The 0 test was manual as well, but the 0.07 was the daily auto test. Multiple people have told me that Neptune does not recommend using the manual test function and may be part of the issue. But why?

IMG_8849.jpeg

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Mine showed life for one test yesterday and then the following test it went back to 0. Hannah tested 0.07. So that 0.07 was correct but the 0 following isn’t. The 0 test was manual as well, but the 0.07 was the daily auto test. Multiple people have told me that Neptune does not recommend using the manual test function and may be part of the issue. But why?

IMG_8849.jpeg
Support got back to be and told me to stop manual tests. Someone else told me there’s a sw bug.

elryry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. My phosphates are also reading zero where my Hanna test reports 0.03. Seemed to happen suddenly and stayed that way like others are reporting.

JLab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the same by neptune tech support, no manual test.
A ticket is open, they are looking into my system for 5 days, this machine is getting wild, today test automatic “0” phosphate while at the same time hanna tested (0.16ppm of phosphate)

Neptune Nitrate test are matching hanna at this point
Neptune NP no3 4.3ppm
Hanna tester no3 3.7ppm

Last edited:

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the same by neptune tech support, no manual test.
A ticket is open, they are looking into my system for 5 days, this machine is getting wild, today test automatic “0” phosphate while at the same time hanna tested (0.16ppm of phosphate)

Neptune Nitrate test are matching hanna at this point
Neptune NP no3 4.3ppm
Hanna tester no3 3.7ppm
Yep, i haven't done a manual test since Thursday and still reading 0. Love paying a $1 per zero haha.

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They monitored my results against my Hanna HI736 results for several days and and NP values remain at least .1 lower than the Hanna. NP was zero yesterday and today while the Hanna read .05 yesterday .11. They basically said don't worry about them not matching and believe the NP to be accurate and to just look at the trends. They added engineering was working on improving software and procedures. I plan to try to bump up P04 slowly by dosing and see if I can maintain a .01 on the NP and try to correlate that to the Hanna and hope its close to .10 on the Hanna, my target. I can tell by looking at my tank I'm not bottomed out and its looking really well so hoping my target can be .01 on the NP and know its .10-.13 on the Hanna....which seems to be by best color/growth.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back