If you did not get into the reef Hobby. . . . . .

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishing 100%. I still do it as my other hobby
Same. My boat wouldn't be rotting in the yard, I wouldn't cheap out on a new fly rod and I wouldn't have to prepare the tank when I go away for a week fishing.

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably more gaming. investments some kind of wealth building not wealth losing lol. or maybe robotics more along the lines of replacement limbs for those who lost them in hopes to give them a better life. cybersec again something to better people's lives overall, like some kind of giant firewall for an entire town, state or country with build in protection from scams and viruses for those who don't understand online safety. Heck maybe even become a politician lol but hear I am!

Ef4life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping my aquarium doesn’t stop me from enjoying other hobbies. I won’t let just one hobby run my life, thats a big reason I won’t go with a really large system, your married to it pretty much at that point, my few small tanks are the only hobby I have that requires work every day/week which I enjoy doing, buts it’s not such a big job to weigh you down and get stressed over.

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping my aquarium doesn’t stop me from enjoying other hobbies. I won’t let just one hobby run my life, thats a big reason I won’t go with a really large system, your married to it pretty much at that point, my few small tanks are the only hobby I have that requires work every day/week which I enjoy doing, buts it’s not such a big job to weigh you down and get stressed over.
I actually agree, I've been saying for a while now, this hobby is as easy or as hard as you make it! I would throw in another for those on a busy schedule, you don't have to go small. You could pay some one to maintenance the tank for you or automate a lot of the process. Tech has gotten so much better now in this hobby to make our life's easier

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, the one I'm most immersed in and which has become and will be my main one is this one, but I have many hobbies that I enjoy a lot, like fishing, cooking, going to the shooting range, flying my drone, I also share one with my son of building Legos.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably rocket surgery :p

Honestly I have waaaay to many hobbys and I go from being more focused on one to the other. Right now its my tank...but we are going into the holiday's so now im doing allot of Halloween stuff building props modifying new props planning the big display. I also mess around with R/C planes and cars. Have built /restored more old cars than I can count. Summer is fishing season but only got out once this year, hopefully more next year.
1000006821.jpg

Don't hunt anymore to much work. :)

jerricolaboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only got into this hobby because it’s an in the house hobby. Usually I’d be in the garage or riding/building Harley’s. Also have a project C10 to play with but I have 2 girls (1.5yrs and 13yrs) and they aren’t really all that interested in my motorized hobbies but they sure have an interest in looking at the fish tank in the entryway. Learning with me as we go and taking trips to the pet stores all around my area on rainy days to look at fish and corals. It’s a great way for me to bond with my daughters and maybe I’m making future hobbyist

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would garden, bake, draw and go plane spotting. Reefing is my absolute favorite, though so it takes up a majority of my free time, but especially now since it's fall I love to bake pumpkin bread, apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc. I love to go plane spotting and fly my flight simulator. I used to draw, but I stopped. I feel like I may have gone into it more if I hadn't started reefing.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I would garden, bake, draw and go plane spotting. Reefing is my absolute favorite, though so it takes up a majority of my free time, but especially now since it's fall I love to bake pumpkin bread, apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc. I love to go plane spotting and fly my flight simulator. I used to draw, but I stopped. I feel like I may have gone into it more if I hadn't started reefing.
I have the entire Honeycomb alpha simulator setup and havent had the time I had to fly fixed wind to jets but I get to plane spot as I am with an airline in which you get no closer to the big boys

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back