If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would it be? Oh, and one commenter will win $100!

If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would you buy? Giveaway in the Comments!

• Total voters

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an easy one for me. Fish! My tank just recently finished cycling. So far I have a pair of clownfish and I'm looking to add some more fishes!

idionne207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started up my tank recently, and i’m battling low nitrates. But, when I’ve got that under control, I’d want to set up a refugium (so algae and pods) to maintain isopods population and keep algae under control!

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes life happens. And sometimes that crisp Benjamin Franklin in your wallet that's been aching to be spent on some coral has to be spent on *slightly* more important things like bills, groceries, rent, whatever it may be. If that's you (which I feel its probably most of us), let's have a little fun with this poll, and maybe you'll find you've been chosen to win $100 to spend on whatever reefing item your salty little heart wants. The "rules" are simple...
  • Pick a poll option!
  • Explain your answer in the comments!
Easy! A commenter will be chosen by random draw on Friday! Here is the $100 question:

If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would you buy?

Wondering Ben Franklin GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021
Founding Father Dance GIF

#r2rgiveaway
General reefing equipment. Just purchased a Marineland standard 180 gallon that I plan on drilling. Need to upgrade my skimmer, need a larger sump, need a larger return pump, heck I need an overflow and drill bits. Crazy how much everything has increased.

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes life happens. And sometimes that crisp Benjamin Franklin in your wallet that's been aching to be spent on some coral has to be spent on *slightly* more important things like bills, groceries, rent, whatever it may be. If that's you (which I feel its probably most of us), let's have a little fun with this poll, and maybe you'll find you've been chosen to win $100 to spend on whatever reefing item your salty little heart wants. The "rules" are simple...
  • Pick a poll option!
  • Explain your answer in the comments!
Easy! A commenter will be chosen by random draw on Friday! Here is the $100 question:

If you had $100 to spend on reefing stuff right now, what would you buy?

Wondering Ben Franklin GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021
Founding Father Dance GIF

#r2rgiveaway
I'm 14 and could rlly use the money . Probably help with my GHA problem and buy a skimmer for my tank that has only had a HOB filter!

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a teen saving up for my first tank, so I picked putting it into savings! I guess I technically could have picked every single option XD
I'm in your boat bro. But I have a tank trust me once you get there it's a whole lot more money lol.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely coral, don’t tell the wife.

Rainbow Wilsoni1$199.00
POTO Live Phyto (Tetraselmis)

POTO Live Phyto (Tetraselmis)1$12.00
POTO Live Phyto (Nannochloropsis)

POTO Live Phyto (Nannochloropsis)1$12.00
POTO Arctic Tundra

POTO Arctic Tundra1$69.00
POTO Egyptian Sunset Millie

POTO Egyptian Sunset Millie1$39.00

I took my wife out to dinner to ward off evil spirits when she sees the box on Thursday. :cool:

Chromepez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved across the country and had to donate all 120 lbs of live rock beforehand. I've now set up my smallest tank (30 gallon) and I have deep regret that I don't have any 'lil critters running around.

kyreefville

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m noticing a lot of pleading cases from youth to birthday so I’ll throw my case in. I’m nearing retirement so on fixed income, my son is going to college (late child), my daughter just got married, infkation happened but my fixed income didn’t keep up, car repairs just took all my money. I’m using 20 year old equipment. “”Randomly “” Pick me and I’ll use the money to give a coral a good home.

I really want a power head that doesn’t have dry rotted suction cups so 1 modest coral and one of those fancy magnetic power heads.

Last edited:

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dang, didn’t see the last line lol
I would buy gear, like a better wave make, fish for new tank I’m setting up, or coral
Coral cause it’s sbb sale time, and gear cuz I want a new wave maker and a skimmer!

IF YOU HAD $100 TO SPEND ON REEFING STUFF RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD YOU BUY? GIVEAWAY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Fish!

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • Coral!

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Sand!

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Rock!

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Salt!

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Fish Food!

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Lights!

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Automation Equipment!

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • Test kits and nutrient management items!

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • General reefing equipment like pumps, sumps, wave makers, etc!

Votes: 28 11.4%
  • I would put it in savings so I can buy a bigger purchase down the road, like a tank!

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 30 12.2%
Back