OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm working on making my own extension cords to run from a 10 switch "DJ Powerstrip" to the cabinet under the frag tank. I bought a 100' black extension cord, some male/female ends, and a few hundred feet of orange PET cord sleeve to match the plumbing color scheme. Two 10' cords ate up about 30' of the sleeving (1 quantity on amazon) so I'm waiting on another order to finish the rest
IMG_9282.jpeg
IMG_9281.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wiped the glass and added a few mushrooms. Temporary blue from a reef breeders lumen bar until I move the t5 hybrid and Kessil ap700 over from the red sea. Hoping to get the frag tank plumbed
IMG_9295.jpeg
this weekend.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The frag tank is plumbed in and the bio pellets are tumbling. I have another ball valve on order for the main drain on the frag overflow. I thought I could dial the DC pump to match the siphon GPH. It still pulls in air every now and then. Other than that, the system is extremely quiet
IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_9331.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The plumbing work looks awesome! Love the orange. How are you liking the new IM sump?
I like the sump a lot. After seeing it under the stand, I kinda regretted not going with black and white plumbing. The thing looks like a high end pc case. I think it would've looked a little better with matte black acrylic instead of regular gloss, but thats just being picky

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice PS5, what games you playing?!?!

oh and cool aquarium too.

Just kidding aquarium looking AWESOME!
Haha I got it shortly before I bought my PC. My girlfriend has been grinding the new Harry Potter game. I'm kind of a one trick pony for Warzone(~2.15 K/D and way too many hours to share publicly haha). I dabble in some Apex and Halo off and on.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9414.jpeg
Little update,
I've added 4 new mangroves to replace my original which died off from root damage when i transferred it from my other tank.

Attachments

• IMG_9414.jpeg
    IMG_9414.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I built an azek surround to mount the switchable power strip to the underside of the PVC base sheet with PVC solvent cement.
IMG_9411.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mounted some LED strip lights in aluminum corner channels. I still need to do some tidying of the equipment cords as I route them to the frag tank cabinet where they'll be plugged into the extension cords that run to the power strip switched outlets. The frag tank return line needs a ball valve to restrict the flow a bit because even at the lowest setting, the Jebao 2500 still almost blast water over the front rim. I tilted it down for now.
IMG_9406.jpeg

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats, I have the same on order it is Ext model. Still haven't deliver ordered since middle of January. Your tank looks great, I do like the internal version.
That's awesome. I'm definitely glad I got the EXT. I feel like the INT just eats up a little too much of the display area. I needed space to the wall for my MP40s anyway

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. I'm definitely glad I got the EXT. I feel like the INT just eats up a little too much of the display area. I needed space to the wall for my MP40s anyway
Love to see the Euro brace, my current tank is a Acrylic. The 112 ext will be an addition to my main tank, Red sea rimless they look nice but scary. Your plumbing on the UV is nice, not an after though for sure. UV is the hardest to plumb IMO and functional at the same time.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love to see the Euro brace, my current tank is a Acrylic. The 112 ext will be an addition to my main tank, Red sea rimless they look nice but scary. Your plumbing on the UV is nice, not an after though for sure. UV is the hardest to plumb IMO and functional at the same time.
It is nice not to worry about water splashing over the edge or having fish rocket up the sides and onto the floor haha

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 130 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 107 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back