IMG_20240608_112351.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 23

EvolvedMonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh I'm not really any sure, I use all4reef, kalk, auto water change. I just recently started doing some trace and aminos like once or twice a week.
Well you're doing great. I hope my zoas look like that some day! I start my trace elements tomorrow, and I really dialed in my major elements.

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you're doing great. I hope my zoas look like that some day! I start my trace elements tomorrow, and I really dialed in my major elements.
I don't really try to dial in anything anymore. After many years in this hobby I've learned a few things. Just set up the tank with what you are willing to maintain and replace. Everything in this hobby moves very slow so I took the best advice and a good theory of what works and set my tank up with what I'm willing to take on. Im lazy so I have an auto water change, I use kalk because it is stupid simple been around for a long time and is cheap with the benefit of raising ph. I dose All4reef contains a little bit of everything and lots of people use it. I have no idea what my trace elements are or my nutrients and I don't really plan on testing unless there is a reason to. I test alk and that's about it. Everything is based off appearance. I feed heavy export heavy and what lives lives and what dies dies. If everything looks off then I know there is something wrong, but I don't want to stress about every little thing or o e coral that's not happy. Just have a good base and working theory of what you think brings success and implement it and most of the time it works. I've only made mistakes trying to chase numbers

EvolvedMonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really try to dial in anything anymore. After many years in this hobby I've learned a few things. Just set up the tank with what you are willing to maintain and replace. Everything in this hobby moves very slow so I took the best advice and a good theory of what works and set my tank up with what I'm willing to take on. Im lazy so I have an auto water change, I use kalk because it is stupid simple been around for a long time and is cheap with the benefit of raising ph. I dose All4reef contains a little bit of everything and lots of people use it. I have no idea what my trace elements are or my nutrients and I don't really plan on testing unless there is a reason to. I test alk and that's about it. Everything is based off appearance. I feed heavy export heavy and what lives lives and what dies dies. If everything looks off then I know there is something wrong, but I don't want to stress about every little thing or o e coral that's not happy. Just have a good base and working theory of what you think brings success and implement it and most of the time it works. I've only made mistakes trying to chase numbers
Great advice. I'll take it to heart, thanks.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • My coral

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%

Back