inD Aquatics Automatic frozen food feeder

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this email today about the long awaited automatic feeder that feeds frozen foods. Many have commented on if this product will actually be released and it appears that we will see it in the coming months. This product sounds promising and if it does what it says it will do, they may have a hard time keeping it in stock. I’m very interested in how this feeder will perform and if it will actually become a successful product. My guess is they have a massive amount of money invested in its development.

9d9b11_f824c89101a143f691c84f62ec489e70~mv2.png
inD aquatics community,

I hope this message finds you well and eagerly awaiting the release of our groundbreaking product, the aF4.

I'm reaching out with both excitement and some news. Originally set for pre-sales by the end of 2023, our journey has encountered some unexpected delays, nudging the release date into Q1 2024.

We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We know you've been eagerly awaiting this release, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay. The extra time is to ensure that the aF4 reaches you with zero bugs and the coolest features.

Now, let's dive into the details! The aF4, the world's first Automated Frozen Fish Food Feeder, is packed with features that will elevate your aquarium experience:

Fully Automated Scheduled & Measured Feeding
30+ Cube Capacity
0-10v Enhanced Control Capability via Smart Controller
❄️ Keeps Food Fresh for up to 21 Days
Self-Cleaning Between Each Feed
Automated Deep Clean Between Uses
️Universal Tank Mount Included

Here's a little something to add to the excitement – we're exploring the possibility of an extremely limited quantity being available at the tail end of January. Keep your eyes peeled for updates, as this could be your chance to snag the aF4 before the official launch.

We're immensely grateful for your continued support and enthusiasm. Stay tuned for more updates on this incredible addition to the aquarium ecosystem.

Best,

Erik
Founder
inD Aquatics​

9d9b11_f786e046a4fd4c72ac0a62db015482bc~mv2.png

Share on social
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Pinterest

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the company that ran a kickstarter over four years ago?

Did they end up refunding contributors or is this the same product/campaign?

OP
OP
Gundy

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I don’t think it has been 4 years. They did have a prototype a while back but totally changed the design with a lot of better features. Now it seems they have changed it again with even better features.

iamdan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it has been 4 years. They did have a prototype a while back but totally changed the design with a lot of better features. Now it seems they have changed it again with even better features.
Yeah it’s been 4 years -

I’ll walk to china if it comes out next year, been soo many “it’s just around the corner” updates over the years.

TheFunnyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll play devils advocate on this one…

If it’s been 4years then it’s possible the Pandemic had a lot to do with it,l think about how products with long established supply chains were affected. Throw in bankruptcies and I can see some legitimacy there.

Still could very well be another Elio Motors scam

TL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They actually went as far to have them available for preorder, last year I think... I preordered. They were very transparent about withholding the release so they could improve their product. They refunded me and said they would hold a place in line when they actually release. I received a similar email.

Fwiw, the product's looks have changed drastically on their website now compared to when it was previously available for preorder.

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s been 4 years -

I’ll walk to china if it comes out next year, been soo many “it’s just around the corner” updates over the years.

Have you plotted your course yet?! Lol

ind.aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes we’re the same company - we refunded anyone that asked for refunds throughout the duration and have fulfilled all the Kickstarter orders that stuck with us.

it was never our intention to take so long but we’re very happy where we ended up.

Rolo1990

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine set up it’s very very inconsistent. How is everybody else is doing I’m not very happy with the product at all.

I am going on vacation soon. I thought I would hope to have it set up by then but it looks like that is not the case

Rolo1990

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home tried feeding. Nothing came out of the tube. This thing is definitely not ready for sale

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got to see these in person at ReefAPalooza Cali. Gotta say I'm really excited about seeing these come to market! The unit seems really solid and well-thought-out. It's an innovation we've needed in the reef hobby for a long time IMHO!

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was interested in the original design but with the latest version they made some very interesting design/usability decisions like set up with button combinations instead of a web interface, limiting feeding times.
I'm still figuring out why would they use tank water (dirty/bacteria laden) as a medium to maintain the food instead of clean water (either fresh or newly mixed water).

ind.aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested in the original design but with the latest version they made some very interesting design/usability decisions like set up with button combinations instead of a web interface, limiting feeding times.
I'm still figuring out why would they use tank water (dirty/bacteria laden) as a medium to maintain the food instead of clean water (either fresh or newly mixed water).
We definitely considered launching with an app and wifi and all of that - however, those features include significant costs and would have bumped the retail price up quite a bit. Besides, if you combine our product with an Apex, Hydros or Profile system you can feed as many times per day as you'd like - we're currently testing an add-on that will add those capabilities without the need for purchasing an expensive controller.

We don't use tank water to maintain the food? We recommend using freshly made salt water. For shorter durations, tank water is just fine though.

ind.aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK after some finagling with the tube that’s inside the cup. I got it to work so it is somewhat working now.
Glad you got it working! We sent you a label a while back for warranty service just in case you want us to take a look at it for you - if you're happy with the feeding, just discard the label.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back