Is it too late to try and raise clownfish babies

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they were infertile but they aren’t since there’s brown spots which looks like they’re trying to grow eyes I really want to raise them, but is it too late? They laid their eggs Monday.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of times the first few clutches are not viable as the parent learn to be parents, from what I’ve read other folks experience.

They require live foods to feed the fry so if you want to try starting getting the equipment to succeed.

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they were infertile but they aren’t since there’s brown spots which looks like they’re trying to grow eyes I really want to raise them, but is it too late? They laid their eggs Monday.
I know I'm too late to help with this batch, but for future batches if you want to try and raise them (my post in the "EGGS!!!" thread linked below is particularly detailed; if you have any questions, need things explained more simply, or need help figuring things out, feel free to ask):
For Ocellaris clowns at least, Brachionus plicatilis (L-Strain) is the go-to species for the scientific community; I have heard of good results when using Brachionus rotundiformis (S-Strain) for days 1-5 then transitioning to L-Strain though. Lots of info in my post linked below, and an alternative feeding/rearing schedule (viable for both Ocellaris and Maroon clowns) can be found in the clownfish section of the paper linked below that:

Back