GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two days ago I found my female clown on the floor and my male in the rear filtration chamber on my tank. It was obviously too late for my female but I put my male back in the display tank and even though he was clearly looking for her all day which breaks my heart he was physically fine. That evening I bought a new clown that was much larger than him to be the female before it was too late to give him a partner. When I brought her home I did a freshwater dip on her just to be safe because there was clearly something wrong with the foxface sharing the tank with the skunk clowns at the lfs I went to. She seemed very timid for the rest of the night but was still exploring her new home and getting along fine with my male who seems so excited to have her there.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, she was on the bottom of the tank near the corner where my male is still hosting the overflow. She is still there currently. She’s breathing fairly hard and turns around slowly every once in a while. I’ve seen her get up off the bottom to say hi to my male who is very much trying to get her attention, but then after a few seconds sinks back down. She switches back and forth between resting upright and resting against the back wall of the tank.

Please help me figure out what to do, I think she may somehow be injured but I’m not positive about that. Any opinions as to why she’s this way and/or what to do about it is much appreciated. Thank you

OP
OP
GothFishKeeper

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures and videos here:

IMG_9600.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back