Is this a safety concern? New aquarium

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed while nitpicking the sides of the glass are not perfectly aligned.. like the back sticks out a smidge more than the sides. And the front the top is square but then it gets off aligned — Is that also more aesthetic than safety?
yes - just aesthetics. Mass produced buy cheap labor.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely take it back. It seems like you’re really unhappy with the quality. Explain that you did not notice the frame gap. Its going in your home not the LFS’s home
+1 big-time. This should have been noticed by the LFS. When you were there, you were just excited about your new purchase, so don't get on yourself for this. I would guess it came out of the warehouse just fine, but got hammered somewhere in transport.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fine, as others have said. However, I do not think you are fine with it. It's not the tank you really want and then the trim and tank are off kilter. This will probably eat at you, and you will not fully enjoy it, even if others say they would use it.

Take it back, don't worry about the LFS and if they will be stuck with it. It's your hard money, get what you want and don't settle. This hobby, hell, many hobbies are too expensive to not get something to your liking.

Is there another LFS you can order from? I'd drive 2-3 hours to pick up a tank.
Yeah the seapora brand I wanted is like an extra hour away, this place price matched. But it’s not their normal supplier which is why they couldn’t fill it in 2m. For all I know I can order that and it’ll be worse. It’s definitely eating at me, but I came to you guys because I definitely overthink.

Idk, I mean I think I’d be happy once it’s finally set up because quality is easy to hide.. but if it ever leaked I’d 100% blame me and the tank and the stupidity of not just getting another.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the seapora brand I wanted is like an extra hour away, this place price matched. But it’s not their normal supplier which is why they couldn’t fill it in 2m. For all I know I can order that and it’ll be worse. It’s definitely eating at me, but I came to you guys because I definitely overthink.

Idk, I mean I think I’d be happy once it’s finally set up because quality is easy to hide.. but if it ever leaked I’d 100% blame me and the tank and the stupidity of not just getting another.
My advice - stop overthinking and worrying about what the LFS think.

The tank is not of acceptable quality so take it back.

You'll be happier in the long term.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back