It was this big... Now its this big...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mrs.F i s h y did a fantastic job...

A few minor adjustments but these numbers grow coral...

Temp 79.1
Salinity 35.4
Ph 7.75
Alk 7.7
No3 30.6
Po4 .337
Ca 450
Mg 1500

Better than you...look at them trates... ;) :D

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a circumcision convention…
simon cowell facepalm GIF

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Jason, I got a Mocha female and a black Ocellaris male the other day. Is there anything special you do to encourage breeding? I don't think they're big enough to breed yet but maybe...

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason, I got a Mocha female and a black Ocellaris male the other day. Is there anything special you do to encourage breeding? I don't think they're big enough to breed yet but maybe...
i feed a heavily varied diet especially frozen. Krill, mysys, spurlina mysis, baby brine, brine, bloodworms, cyclopeeze (basically anything they will eat and often). I have the advantage i have a ton of fish, so i can feed them heavily and if they dont eat it, the rest of my pigs will. the trade off is really high nitrates and phosphates
i have noticed mine wont breed until the female is pushing 3 inches, probably 3 or 4 years old estimated. the male seems to be able to do what needs done by around 1 to 1.5 inches realistically. I recommend that if you are serious about trying to breed and raise babies, get them acclimated to living in a pot, put it near their nem, or put tiles on the rock near the nem. a little squirt of super glue on it so it stays but is easily popped off. that way when they lay you can remove the eggs on hatch night and get 100% of the larvae that hatch, my success rate with the vossen trap is around 60% mostly because my cardinalfish have learned when i have the vossen trap in the tank it means there will be extra food that night, and they are great nocturnal hunters.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sounds good! They aren't currently being hosted by any of the Nems but they've got a corner they hang out in. They're in my sump so they're the only fish but they're eating krill, Formula 2, occasional shots of Oyster Feast and PhytoGold, and LA Reef Fusion. I've got Prime flakes and I believe I have brine shrimp eggs I can set up a small hatchery.

I was figuring it'd likely be a while before she's ready to breed, but at least they're bonded already.

How big of a pot? 2"? 4"?

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some mood lighting might help

JoJosReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the younguns are growing up too fast as it is without us encouraging them!

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! They aren't currently being hosted by any of the Nems but they've got a corner they hang out in. They're in my sump so they're the only fish but they're eating krill, Formula 2, occasional shots of Oyster Feast and PhytoGold, and LA Reef Fusion. I've got Prime flakes and I believe I have brine shrimp eggs I can set up a small hatchery.

I was figuring it'd likely be a while before she's ready to breed, but at least they're bonded already.

How big of a pot? 2"? 4"?
ill measure using a banana when i get home but i think its a 4.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More to come, there were like 3 other systems that were done to get to where i am at now. Found it funny in my first bit that i dreamed of having a 240 gallon tank someday, then thought that would never happen... That's a lot smaller than the current reef. ;) There was also a macro tank built and never used, a 90 gallon tank for predators that never saw water before being sold, a few 20 gallon high tanks, and about 20 dry tanks in storage. things sure have changed in 4 years.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More to come, there were like 3 other systems that were done to get to where i am at now. Found it funny in my first bit that i dreamed of having a 240 gallon tank someday, then thought that would never happen... That's a lot smaller than the current reef. ;) There was also a macro tank built and never used, a 90 gallon tank for predators that never saw water before being sold, a few 20 gallon high tanks, and about 20 dry tanks in storage. things sure have changed in 4 years.
Makes me want to go find my first tank.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back