OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is sad, called two places that are usually great and both seem to be exiting marine fish retail. Running an LFS is obviously getting harder and harder.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
07E57961-3980-483D-A42F-340ED0CFD6FB.jpeg

Harlequin Bass— a very overlooked fish!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, 4x2x2. Pyramid needs more tank length you mean? Thanks for the informative reply. The Hippo and Percs took well to the Rabbitfish when it was added but good point.
Any reef safe suggestions?
I really like your username LOL

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say add them both. ;)

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harlequin Bass— a very overlooked fish!
Interesting, but in the LA blurb it mentions "As the Harlequin Bass matures and grows, it may prey on any smaller fish or small crustacean tank mates" - perhaps a bit risky for my taste!

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the end I went with:
1 x Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias, Male (Maldives) - Medium
2 x Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias, Female (Maldives) - Small
1 x Bicolor Blenny (Sri Lanka) - Medium
LiveAquaria - most of the order arrived today. Somehow the male Anthias got bumped a day and is arriving tomorrow.
The fish look fantastic, the warming pack in the cooler was still warm, the water didn't feel cool at all and UPS got it here at 10:40am. So not even 24 hours in the bags.
After a few hours to adjust in dim lighting I brought up the room light, then later the tank light. They all three ate right away.
The Anthias are gorgeous and the Blenny is hilarious.

Austin Prosser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not get any wrasses in my opinion or anything relatively peaceful, Anthias can hold their ground the blennie watch close, the yellowtail Pygmy angel will likely injure/kill anything you put in they are very territorial and aggressive this just my opinion/experience if yours is nice or kept in line by other fish for now I would research what they can do as such small fish and keep an eye on it.
-not meant as a mean comment just those guys are some of the meanest fish in my opinion

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a fairy or flasher wrasse or a midas blenny would be nice addition. Dustin

Just love my new Midas.... wish I would’ve bought one sooner! What a load of personality in such a small package!

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not get any wrasses in my opinion or anything relatively peaceful, Anthias can hold their ground the blennie watch close, the yellowtail Pygmy angel will likely injure/kill anything you put in they are very territorial and aggressive this just my opinion/experience if yours is nice or kept in line by other fish for now I would research what they can do as such small fish and keep an eye on it.
-not meant as a mean comment just those guys are some of the meanest fish in my opinion
Thanks Austin - mine has never shown any aggression at all. Surprised to hear about your experience!

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both female Anthias gone. 1 each night.
The male that arrived yesterday is doing well and is HUGE. I ordered a 'medium' and they shipped it a day later than the rest - I think they just decided to grab the 'large' they had handy or something.
The Bicolor Blenny is fine too, and hilarious. Must be too young for full coloration though - no sign of the yellow tail yet.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • My coral

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back