Jebao/Jecod DMP-40 review video

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaft looks nicer than my MP10's, that ceramic covered metal one was ehh. Noticed your propeller was clear but another video I saw was black. Probably doesn't matter, just something I noticed.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's thicker than an mp 40 for sure. I've taken many of those apart. Maybe it's different on other models?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this wavemakers almost a week ago and have been very impressed with it so far. Here is a video of the unboxing and the pump in my tank. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the video ! How long and wide is your tank ?

Do you think the impeller is removable for cleaning ?

Mas0n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Thanks for the sharing this, was looking around youtube for something similar earlier today.

These look promising, not sure how I feel about the suction cups though.

SliceGolfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Suction cups help to dampen rotational noise and aid in mount stability. I have a DMP-10 and find the ceramic shaft and suction cups as improvements on the design.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the video ! How long and wide is your tank ?

Do you think the impeller is removable for cleaning ?
If it is removable, it's not that easy. It does look like it could snap apart.

The tank is 60 wide 30 deep and 22 tall. IM 170 ext. 3/4 inch glass on the sides.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Thanks for the sharing this, was looking around youtube for something similar earlier today.

These look promising, not sure how I feel about the suction cups though.
The suction cups hold initially. You can technically stick the dry side on by itself which is nice. Then match the wet side up. But, suction cups will weaken over time so it's really a rubber vibration dampener in my opinion.

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this wavemakers almost a week ago and have been very impressed with it so far. Here is a video of the unboxing and the pump in my tank. Let me know if you have any questions.

I know it’s not meant for 1”. Any way you tested it on a 1” thick anything, or how strong is the hold on 3/4. I’ve been waiting for a knock off on the mp-60 forever lol

fishybizzness

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Thanks for making this video. As I said in the other thread, I have a im ext 200 and was concerned it wouldn't work on the 3/4" glass. I'm very relieved that it seems to work great! Never owned an ecotech mp. Not that I can't afford it, just that I think they are overpriced for what they are. I can buy 4 of these for a little over what 1 mp40 costs. Hopefully they last and hopefully they start selling replacement wetsides. That would be great!

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s not meant for 1”. Any way you tested it on a 1” thick anything, or how strong is the hold on 3/4. I’ve been waiting for a knock off on the mp-60 forever lol
I tried it on 3/4 acrylic as well but nothing with 1inch.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for making this video. As I said in the other thread, I have a im ext 200 and was concerned it wouldn't work on the 3/4" glass. I'm very relieved that it seems to work great! Never owned an ecotech mp. Not that I can't afford it, just that I think they are overpriced for what they are. I can buy 4 of these for a little over what 1 mp40 costs. Hopefully they last and hopefully they start selling replacement wetsides. That would be great!
There are shops that sell all of the parts for the lights. That makes me hopeful that we will get parts for these in the future.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your experience been with the lights so far? Do you think they're worth it?
So far, yes. I'm only a few days with coral under them. But the colors, par, sound are all good so far. I will update as I see coral adjusting to them. The big concern is I just did a tank move.

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, yes. I'm only a few days with coral under them. But the colors, par, sound are all good so far. I will update as I see coral adjusting to them. The big concern is I just did a tank move.
I will add. I just turned of the MP next to it and I think it is quieter than the MP.

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if they all have the same wetside diameter? I'm trying to figure out the wetside size of a DM10, want to know how well I can hide it. Thanks

OP
OP
bradreef

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if they all have the same wetside diameter? I'm trying to figure out the wetside size of a DM10, want to know how well I can hide it. Thanks
Definitely not. Here is the info from the seller
Screenshot_20241014_100608_Alibabacom.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back