Journey Into Reefing - Waterbox Infinia Reef 150.4

mizukage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, that chamber is going to pointless now except if I ever need to use the emergency drain

I did turn on my protein skimmer last night to play around with it. It was producing tons of micro bubbles which I discovered through research is normal when new. Needs to be broken in.

Well… My ATO decided to throw roughly 10 gallons of RODI into the tank over night. I assume it was due to the micro bubbles interfering with the Osmolator 3 sensor. I turned off the ATO while the protein skimmer goes through its initial phase.

After the incident my salinity level plummeted which I resolved by removing 10 gallons of water and adding salt directly to the tank u til at 1.026. Unfortunately the incident led to the death of one of the clownfish ☹️

I plan on adding a float valve as redundancy to prevent that from happening again.
Yeah protein skimmers do need time to break in.

Ugh sorry to hear about the ATO and fish. I always felt that it was a step backwards for the Osmolator 3 to remove the float valve.

OP
OP
R

rzimm33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah protein skimmers do need time to break in.

Ugh sorry to hear about the ATO and fish. I always felt that it was a step backwards for the Osmolator 3 to remove the float valve.
I agree regarding a step back. When I was getting my parts for this build, I thought they had discontinued the previous version as I couldn’t find it anywhere. In hindsight; I wish I waited for one to pop up for sale.

It’s sad, the remaining clown is hanging out with itself in the reflection

IMG_4538.jpeg

OP
OP
R

rzimm33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Readings from Apex

IMG_4550.png

Per Neptune - ORP can take up to 2 weeks to be accurate.

pH is lower than I’d like based on my research. There is likely some organic breakdown from algae breakdown on the live rock as well as feeding the tank inhabitant. I’m hoping the pH will continue to rise over the coming weeks.

Temp holding pretty stable.

I also took kH reading of 7.1 using the Red Sea kit. Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt claims to exhibit a kH around 7, so that is accurate.

Have not taken Mg or Ca yet as I don’t have any coral to rely on it.

I will be taking Ammonia in a few days to confirm the live rock pushed my through the cycle quickly. I have been dosing Seachem Safe to detoxify any free Ammonia or Nitrite in the meantime.

OP
OP
R

rzimm33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Orp and pH have seen some improvement today

IMG_4564.png

I’m curious if anyone knows what these little critters are? They seem to have appendages that sway with the flow:

IMG_4561.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

From my searches, looks like could be harmless Medusa Hydroids

OP
OP
R

rzimm33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ORP still trending up.

pH has hit 7.8 for the past few nights. It’s odd it’s rising and falling without any photosynthesis happening in the tank. I’ve kept the lights off since the rock has went in.

This morning I noticed tons of pods on the glass which is a welcoming sign.

IMG_4595.png

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 72 26.9%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 65 24.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 14 5.2%
Back