Kalkwasser Co2 scrubber - keep your potency elevated and tank clean

seahuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just want to share what i've recently done and the results "looked" amazing. Looks but I have not scientifically taken any quantifying evidence yet as in PH or LOW tds(i dont have a tds meter in this low range according to how @Randy Holmes-Farley executed his study here : http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-05/rhf/feature/index.htm)

I have a small tank and my kalk reservoir is just a 1 gallon glass jar. I use a peristaltic pump to transfer the kalk solution to my tank. Before this, I have a one way pump to pressurize the tank to help prime the kalk line(i have a cheap DIY doser)

So as anyone know, with kalk, you get a lot of buildup and it just look like a mess, as the air is pulled into the tank, from the negative pressure as the water level goes down, co2 enters the tank and starts reacting with the kalk solution causing a crust and buildup along the walls of your tank.

I recently put together a DIY co2 scrubber from stuff from around the house. Actually a throw away salifert test vial, some throw away funnel from my daughter's toy, extra tubings i had laying around and of course soda lime i have extra for my co2 scrubber.

After adding this co2 scrubber to the lids pressure line, the kalk tank is as clean and clear as ever after dosing for 6 days now and im suspecting thats a result of no co2 reacting with the kalk.

Posted some pictures of before co2 scrubber addition(pic with blue arrow) and after co2 scrubber(clear tank thats been dosing halfway through) and finally the DIY co2 scrubber, just drilled some holes on one end, sandwich the soda lime pellets with cotton pads and connect it to a tube for air intake.

will update here soon at the 10 day mark the PH reading
kalkdity.png 74128750827__DCED0963-D784-42AD-B34A-176578049DB2.jpeg co2scrubit.png

M4sonic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh im following this for sure, does it also decrease residue in the line itself?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back