Kessil A80 Tuna Sun

Wicked Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all any feedback on the Kessil A80 Tuna Sun.

I have a 40 gallon nuvo fusion 24” x 24” x 19”

Or do you guys have any recommendation on a good light from my setup Would like to have a mix reef with LPS and SPS.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all any feedback on the Kessil A80 Tuna Sun.

I have a 40 gallon nuvo fusion 24” x 24” x 19”

Or do you guys have any recommendation on a good light from my setup Would like to have a mix reef with LPS and SPS.
That light would be too small for your tank and it is a freshwater plant light. For Kessil lights, I suggest either an a160we tuna blue, or a360x tuna blue light, depending on your coral goals. Also a couple of AI primes, an AI hydra, or Ecotech Radion xr15 may work. For lower cost options, there are Nicrew and Noopsyche lights that can get the output you need as well.

Mr Fishface

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon cube and run a kessil a360we tuna blue (older model) over it. Actually I was running 2 over my tank when I had more sps but now that it's mostly soft corals I went down to one light.

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run A80 tuna blues on 10g nano and they are a bit underpowered for the 10g imo. Pretty light spectrum and shimmer however. I won't speak to the myriad of mid range to high end options as there's plenty of info out there. For budget options I'm a fan of both nicrew and smatfarm. The nicrews utilize a controller similar to the kessil controller and the smatfarm have built in controls.

OP
OP
Wicked Reef

Wicked Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light would be too small for your tank and it is a freshwater plant light. For Kessil lights, I suggest either an a160we tuna blue, or a360x tuna blue light, depending on your coral goals. Also a couple of AI primes, an AI hydra, or Ecotech Radion xr15 may work. For lower cost options, there are Nicrew and Noopsyche lights that can get the output you need as well.
thank you for the help, im going to go with a160we tuna blue

OP
OP
Wicked Reef

Wicked Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run A80 tuna blues on 10g nano and they are a bit underpowered for the 10g imo. Pretty light spectrum and shimmer however. I won't speak to the myriad of mid range to high end options as there's plenty of info out there. For budget options I'm a fan of both nicrew and smatfarm. The nicrews utilize a controller similar to the kessil controller and the smatfarm have built in controls.
ok perfect thank you very much

OP
OP
Wicked Reef

Wicked Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I go with 2 a160we tuna blue for a tank that size?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I go with 2 a160we tuna blue for a tank that size?
Eventually if you want to keep sps, but you don’t have to at first. At about 6-8” above the water, at full intensity, one light should get around 150 par on the bottom of the tank centered under the light. But the par spread won’t be very even with just one light, but will do until the coral grow out, or you want more sps on the sides of the tank.

OP
OP
Wicked Reef

Wicked Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eventually if you want to keep sps, but you don’t have to at first. At about 6-8” above the water, at full intensity, one light should get around 150 par on the bottom of the tank centered under the light. But the par spread won’t be very even with just one light, but will do until the coral grow out, or you want more sps on the sides of the tank.
ok thank you that helps a lot !!

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back