Let’s sit back and appreciate what we own…

What do you overlook most in your tank?

• Total voters

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know we all see things we want and I definitely get that - I’d love one of the Xanthrichthys ringens females my LFS has. And it feels like I’m always adding something to my tank instead of appreciating what I have currently.
So why don’t we sit back and appreciate what our tanks are doing currently and what we already have. I know my tank currently has most of my absolute dream fish yet I often overlook them - like the Gold Nugget Wrasse.
IMG_1184.jpeg

So, what do you guys overlook too much in your tanks that you want to just appreciate once again?
IMG_1288.jpeg

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of collecting type hobbies, and the thrill of the hunt always seems to be better than finally acquiring something. I can see how this hobby would be similar. The challenge of working towards a particular goal livestock is all consuming while actually having it doesn't take up as much of your attention so you need to fill your time with something else.

However, being a newcomer, I have one more addition to make to my tank, and I'm calling it quits on new critters. The funny thing is that I really believe that, but deep in my heart I know it won't hold true :cool:

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honesty try not to overlook anything in my tank. I spend quite a lot of time pretty much every day when I get home from work, just scanning over the whole tank, checking in on everything.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still enjoy my tanks, but I don’t see anything special about them in comparison. I wouldn’t be in this though if I didn’t appreciate it all. But yeah, I’m a coral guy with a couple favorite fish (ironically not reef safe and in a fowlr). My other 20 something fish and hundreds of cuc are mostly for utility purposes.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been maxed out for fish and corals so all I can do is appreciate what I have. I voted inverts because I have about a dozen dwarf red and blue legged hermits ( in cerith shells) that unless they are on the sand I don’t know they are in there.

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always gawk at the beautiful sps on the store pages, and wish I had more. Sometimes I forget to appreciate the sticks I have, such as this slightly phallic Bali slimer. It had completely browned out two months ago but I dialled up the lighting and the nutrients and it’s back to glowing beautifully:

IMG_5847.jpeg

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • My coral

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.5%
Back