Luck be a Lady

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is the Waterbox 70.2. I forget the exact distance though. I can measure when I get home. Remind me again how to measure head height?
Just need the feet from pump to return vertically and any 90 degree fittings you have hooked up. Guesstimate is ok too unless it's over 8 ft.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just need the feet from pump to return vertically and any 90 degree fittings you have hooked up. Guesstimate is ok too unless it's over 8 ft.
So to the height the nozzles are? And from where the hose enters into the pump or the feet of the pump?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000011682.jpg

Got this from the WB site. The stuff I circled is the important bits. Off to Amazon to see what I can dig up that may work.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to suggest a Sicce Syncra 3.5. I am going to assume your pipe is 3/4 that you have going into the tank.
if you were looking at Jaebo 3500 and they have a controllable version available on Amazon. I just hate converting litres to gallons and meters to feet.
This Jebao should fit : https://a.co/d/eeILm8M

1718662753108.png

1718663972325.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to suggest a Sicce Syncra 3.5. I am going to assume your pipe is 3/4 that you have going into the tank.
if you were looking at Jaebo 3500 and they have a controllable version available on Amazon. I just hate converting litres to gallons and meters to feet.

1718662753108.png

1718663972325.png
I’m not sure the pipe size lol. But most of them come with different nibs. Er, the part the hose fits on. The good think is I have clamps for the hose and it’s not rigid pipe from pump to under tank. I did have to cut part of it the other day so I’ll find the piece I cut, measure and go from there.

Honestly I thought that the 1450 was not strong enough for the tank but it seems to be plenty by what Waterbox says That just means I don’t have to rush on a pump and keep looking for what I want and researching good reliable ones.

I do want one that’s is DC so I have more control but I know sicce is a good brand. That other one is really cheap though. Decisions decisions.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simplicity 1600 DC Aquarium Circulation Pump
https://a.co/d/5I8cb4w

A fried said he’s using this one, four years now. Thoughts?
Don’t know about their return pumps but had one of their skimmers and hated it. Piece of junk.

Sicce is a good brand but not dc for control.

I have an echo tech vectra on my 34 gallon and love it. No problems at all. Going on 5 or 6 years now I think. Clean it once a year. But more $$

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am currently using:
Knifel Submersible Pump 1056GPH (4000L/H 85W) Ultra Quiet with Dry Burning Protection 9.8ft Power Cord for Fountains, Hydroponics, Ponds, Aquariums & More………………
Amazon product

It was a different brand name but same pump. I thought it was 1400 gph but It shows less. I’ll look into the Ecotech as I’ve heard good things.

My main thing is I want something that will last. I was going off of reviews and the Eflux DC pump was the main reason I even went with the Loop system :/ Now I’m going to also be looking for another pump for my AIO as it’s the nano version of the same brand. Sigh.

Anyways, this weekends plans are (hopefully) going to include me switching out Sienna’s tank finally. I’m planning to grab another Fluval Betta from PSP. They sent me a coupon for 30% off so should be able to get it cheapish, and be able to list the other one for sale on marketplace.

I had originally taken the diffuser led from Tops tank that was on my nightstand and put that light on Siennas, and the plan 3.0 nano on the nightstand setup. But my buces are melting in there and I think it may be due to the amount of light. So I put the stock led back on (missing my night light) both of these.

What I may do is take the amazing Reefbreeders pico and place that one on the nightstand tank and that will give me my night light back lol and I can adjust the intensity down a bit.

Also I will be trimming back some of the calurpa on the display of the reef. I can’t see if my goby is there so I’ll clear the front of the rock she used to live under and hope to see her peak out.

I’ve meant to ask, I have fine sand, I forget the brand. I can look it up(I will in a minute) but it does get blow around a bit. I was thinking of just grabbing a bag of crushed coral and mixing it in. Would that work or do I need sand? I do have a sand sifting star and I do have some bumblebee snails. Idk if that would make a difference. I just know I need more substrate and was wanting something not as fine as the sand I have.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the sand I bought. I bought one bag for a 40 gallon stretch hex. I should have gotten more but I was going 1lb per gallon lol. Doesn’t seem to work out as well for a reef.

Oh! And I can’t do it cause the shape of my tank but I saw a gorgeous tank last night. It had sand piled up on one side to make a more shallow area. It looked amazing.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any suggestions on something more course? That would be perfectly fine by me.
Sorry i don't but see that one 60% off on amazon... :thinking-face: :)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i don't but see that one 60% off on amazon... :thinking-face: :)
Yes it’s pretty cheap. But it’s so fine it stirs up very easily.

Then again since my return pump is smaller it may not be an issue now lol

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put fine sand on bottom (was planning on having more wrasses that like to bury in the sand) then course sand on top…big mistake. Anytime it sand bed is disturbed in even the slightest I get fine sand blowing everywhere :confounded-face: Lesson learned the hard way.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 12.5%
Back