Maxspect Jump Blue 65w review(?)

faiz_latif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I seem to have lost my power supply could someone send a photo of theirs so I can buy the right one? Don’t seem to see any pictures online of the power supply, cheers. I have the 65w blue

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up the MJ-165 Jump
LED from Maxspect and it’s over my 40GAL breeder. Moving from a Noopsyche K7 Pro II, I was worried that my corals and nem would reach out but they’re all open and not stretching. Coverage is much better than the Noopsyche and blues are 20,000K. If you like moonlights, the lights syncs and mimics the current moon cycle and adjusts lights accordingly.

App kinda sucks though and the light has a few different connection modes such as connecting to your router or as an AP connecting to the light directly but it is a bit of a pain to connect. Best parts of the app is that the way you adjusts lights is via slider, has easy setup modes (SPS/LPS, mixed reef or FOWLR) and that if you create an account and link your light in the router mode, you can scan QR codes from other users or Maxspect and it will automatically adjust the settings.

General impressions after a week of use are positive. My corals seem much happier under this light and I hope to see them grow because they didn’t respond to the last light very well. I plan on getting another light for even coverage and for $279 (before tax and has the arm), I believe that’s a very reasonable price. They have it for cheaper but it’s light only and I believe they have a hanging kit sold separately. Next challenge is figuring out how to combine both lights under AP mode.

Current corals: 2 zoa frags, GSP rock, Duncan, war coral, stylophora, frogspawn and a very small mushroom rock. Some pics below.

19394929-C662-4EA8-B7F7-F435CA01C7FD.jpeg AF62E510-9B0F-4236-AC2F-E65FE336163D.jpeg C63332A2-1FBF-4973-85DE-2F5F130BA7D3.jpeg 881968CB-6ACB-4F29-BEA0-FB06C27EE367.jpeg 5F0532F4-5DE4-407B-8A12-B16A914B4ECA.jpeg DE293B67-F390-43AC-9CAB-7970C83F1E4B.jpeg 312A0A80-EEDB-4692-9EAF-098A91132435.jpeg
I have two 65W Maxspect Jump, one blue, and one regular, I had the lights for about a month, and now I am very satisfied, for they just redid their App, and it's much better to use, for connecting both lights to the app was nice and easy, and it's very adjustable and the light is powerful, for you will grow corals with this lamp.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I seem to have lost my power supply could someone send a photo of theirs so I can buy the right one? Don’t seem to see any pictures online of the power supply, cheers. I have the 65w blue
I would contact BRS, they are the national distributor for Maxspect America, get the right one from the manufacturer.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am having issues connecting the app, any tips?
It seems to work best on the Apple iPad, I tried it on my iPhones first, and my old iPhone 6 had problems connecting to wifi, but now Maxspect just redid their app and it's much better, so try and Update it.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone figured out how to delete saved profiles?? I’ve literally created 10 different profiles in an attempt to dial it in…pretty annoyed i can’t figure out how to remove the ones i will never use again!
Try resetting it.

faiz_latif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact BRS, they are the national distributor for Maxspect America, get the right one from the manufacturer.
Already done, waiting for reply. However was wondering if you’d be able to send a pic of the label of yours in the mean time son can start looking for the right one?

Clem75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights themselves are good, the online connectivity is complete garbage though...probably great for the seldom few that can actually connect with it on a legacy router. I have a netgear nighthawk, I have tried completely turning 5ghz off (which is totally unacceptable), have two separate named networks 2.4 & 5ghz, guest network 2.4 ghz, and tried all 2.4 channels 1, 6, & 11. I am using a samsung s21 ultra I might add. Losing QR functionability, and linking multiple lights to a single light...etc., is very disappointing.

I am running all three in AP mode which I have to individually program each light identically. Once you transmit the setting they are good. You have to change mode by holding B for 6seconds and then should flash green (It flashes blue when in online mode). You might need to hold B 3 sec again to broadcast the signal to your phones available networks. It will be (MJ165 bunch of number and letters) The passcode for a light is 123456789. You must connect indiviudally to each light this way if you have multiples. Luckily, the phone saves the network name. Then you open your app with AP server selected instead of US or your respective location. Then you can go through the tedious process of programming each light and only one at a time :)

In order to attempt to connect online after they have been running in AP you have to both clear user settings and wifi settings manually (through powering the light through the respective power sequence). After this you must toggle the wifi mode by holding the B button for 6 seconds on the respective light. Prepare to be frustrated possibly not being able to connect.

If you want to check your firmware you disconnect light, then connect it holding A, one color flashes a number of times then the other. So first color four...second color four...the firmware is 4.4 and so on. You can also cycle through the debugging by pressing B, which is just testing the light functionality...however, not necessary. You can then unplug/replug to get it back to it's normal settings.

My biggest bone to pick is I am sure if you are actually able to connect with it, the app is great & functionality is solid; however, with the connectivity nightmare that ensues, I feel like they should of used bluetooth like the rest of their competitors. As many problems as we have with the Mobius app...at least we can easily connect with it lol.

Hope this provides some useful info for those interested. The bottom line is the lights are wonderful for the price. What is terrible and fairly unacceptable is the connectivity with the online portion of the app...which seems like it causes severe frustration for a majority of people (from what I have read and gathered). I refuse to hook up a second legacy router to operate a newer gen light.
Can you share the light schedule you are running with these lights as well?

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you share the light schedule you are running with these lights as well?
Trust me, you don’t want my schedule. I didn’t have it dialed in right when I was using it for corals. And at the moment I’m only using this light for fish. Sorry

Clem75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me, you don’t want my schedule. I didn’t have it dialed in right when I was using it for corals. And at the moment I’m only using this light for fish. Sorry
All good I rented a par meter and have them dialed in now for my mixed reef.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back