Metric adapters to fit German equipment (Abyzz) to US pipe size, Bulkheads

seapen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem: Abyzz A1200 (not bought yet) metric intake/output sizing to marry up to US pipe sizing.
Can't seem to find someone who can tell me either:
a) "Oh you just need the right adapter and go here to buy it"
b) "Umm, install metric all the way from pump, all the pipe, and bulkheads and fittings" - (Yikes I say to myself silently!)
c) "Not as straight forward solution"

I wrote to Abyzz and heard back from Sascha, but I think something got lost in the translation as I still did not get the answer I was looking for.

Abyzz A1200 is 90mm intake and 75mm output. I found on CoralVue these metric-to-US pipe adapters. I wrote to them asking if these adapters will work for my solution. "Crickets" no word back from them for a several days.

I can easily upgrade US pipe size to accommodate a 90mm (3.54" inside diameter) intake and 75mm (2.95" inside diameter) output - and I prefer to do that using an adapter that does act like a reduction coupler.

Below is 1 adapter I found as an example. I have found none at the sizes I am working with.

Any suggestions on which way to go with this? Metric<->US Adapters (if I can find them) or re-pipe all in metric?

Your help here is much appreciated.

1725982560236.png

OP
OP
seapen

seapen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(OK, I see some of ones on BRS are made by Adaptive Reef... sorry for the redundancy)
No worries. Just got word from CoralVue as well. Chris at CoralView replied, "Yes, the Abyzz 75mm & 90MM adapters convert to 3 inches output and 3.5 inches input."

So, perhaps Abyzz provides the adapters rather than me purchasing separate adapters.

We shall see...

Meanwhile back at the ranch - I updated the plans with upgraded piping, bulkheads, and fittings.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back