Mission Hammer Revive

tim_th3_t00l_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS game me this coral due to it not doing well in their system. Rather than letting it just die I took the challenge of trying to nurse it back to life.
IMG_2048.jpeg
IMG_2047.jpeg

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your game plan?

Any dips? I’ve seen lots of success on the forums when they use KFC dip.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with it? The tissue being not even remotely recessed makes me think it’s a healthy coral that kinda got placed in a new tank since the polyps aren’t extended

It also looks like it just recently split

OP
OP
tim_th3_t00l_man

tim_th3_t00l_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is rather translucent. I noticed it had aptasia on the “trunk”. I think it’s a combo of the light and aptasia irritating it. I didn’t dip and was going to give it a day or two to give me some kind of indicators on what it wants. I’m not terribly concerned with disease due to the shop being quite reputable. I think it is just picky with the light and maybe magnesium is low.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is rather translucent. I noticed it had aptasia on the “trunk”. I think it’s a combo of the light and aptasia irritating it. I didn’t dip and was going to give it a day or two to give me some kind of indicators on what it wants. I’m not terribly concerned with disease due to the shop being quite reputable. I think it is just picky with the light and maybe magnesium is low.

Did it have larger polyps before ? Is it possibly a torch coral and not a hammer. It kinda looks like a cristata torch coral

OP
OP
tim_th3_t00l_man

tim_th3_t00l_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it have larger polyps before ? Is it possibly a torch coral and not a hammer. It kinda looks like a cristata torch coral
I honestly don’t remember. I just feed it reef roids and will see if it opens up in a little bit. If not I’ll snag another picture tomorrow.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it looks more like a Cristata or Glabrescens than it does an (F.) Paraancora.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's not an cristata. Cristata have very noticeable septa when retracted like that. Its very easy to count septa on these types of coral.
Not my picture.
Screenshot_20240509_023418_Chrome.jpg

Could still be a torch coral though.

Good luck with it!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m joining the game :) my entries/guesses/suggestions

1) That is a purple torch with green tips
2) there is nothing wrong with it
3) put in low to medium flow and medium light
4) don’t feed it. Entice it to come out. It will be encouraged to extend for light if you don’t feed it.
5) broadcast feed the tank a few days in a row but don’t give any direct. Again, entice to come out. Let it smell the food blowing all around and think to itself, hey, I want that, I’m going to come out
6) agree - clearing aiptasia was definitly a smart move and could have caused this. Give safe stable conditions and it should come out. Looks like a nice one too

OP
OP
tim_th3_t00l_man

tim_th3_t00l_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new photos today. Thank you all for the suggestions. I’ll keep the post updated with progression photos .
IMG_2055.jpeg
IMG_2056.jpeg
IMG_2054.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back