OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesss. I think "FTS on every page" should be part of the code of conduct here.

Also, what are you gonna do with all this free space?

1000017101.jpg
1715083498017.jpeg

Red X - nem murders happen here
Black circle- there is a blasto
Black arrow - swim through area for fish (especially Flamin Moe)

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Okay as I posted on the some other page yesterday….i took this full tank shot (above) and then did this below
IMG_8817.jpeg

Glued hammers to new hammer island rock this is at light just turning on so some are still waking up - maybe 1 or 2 mad about yesterday
IMG_8827.jpeg

The above wasn’t bad. Putting the micromussa on the new rock went well enough…
Before
IMG_8818.jpeg

After
IMG_8824.jpeg

But that rock refused to go back where it belonged which lead to the whole right side being undone and redone - and of course nothing wanted to cooperate.
IMG_8825.jpeg

In the end I won.
Only one coral is super unhappy
IMG_8826.jpeg

Sensitive button scoly.

Moved it back this morning out of the are of flow since that’s definitely filaments showing IMG_8828.jpeg IMG_8830.jpeg IMG_8831.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your gluing method, super glue or putty or glue-putty-glue sandwich type of thing? I hear that is a favorite of some around these parts.. Or the ol stick-n-pray...
Super glue and a spot of accelerator when out of the tank. Give it a quick rinse put it back in.

Stick-n-pray (that 1. I don’t get stuck and 2. It sticks) when in the tank. Which I have determined needs a whole heck of a lot more glue.

I did some glue putty sammachies for the rocks.

If I would have had more putty I would have used it on the hammers-to-rock glue session.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I got home yesterday the occupants of hammer island were all cranky . With the exception of like 2. Which were the last ones to get glued so guess that makes sense…….

Between the gluing and deconstructing and reconstructing they look beat up……sigh…..well lesson learned don’t try and glue 12 hammers to one structure at once. I did have a bucket full of water that I place it in between each frag…

Almost all of them have the flesh that should be on the stem retracted. I’ve had hammers come back from this no issues. It’s just a slow process.

When I came home none of them were open but none of them were fully retracted either so this is what gives me hope. Just went and peaked in on the tank and they are all open (not as much as usual during the day but more than usual at night….which also gives me hope. Something I noticed over the years. Beat up hammers won’t open fully during the day but will open up more at night. I’m sure this is a cautionary measure by the hammer to reduce stress….if they fully retract day and night that’s when I’m concerned.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested dkh last night 7.8 :oops:

Would you leave me to assume my increase of like 2 mL dosing the other day didn’t do deadly squat increase my alkalinity. So I manually dosed 2.5 mL and then increased my nightly dose to 5.5 and my morning dose to 5 mL but then this morning I tested my uncle again before that morning goes at six and it tested at 7.8 again manually chose 2.5 mL and it will do another 5 mL at 6 AM I’ll check it when I get home and see where it is at.

I did Joe brief complete calcium last night. It’s 5 mL for every 20 gallons and I do for an 80 gallon tank and I just magnesium this morning since I could do an hour before my 80 doses that 5 mL were 20 gallons of magnesium. I think I’m going to order an And send that curiosity and all that. I will probably start dosing things like potassium minium depending on what my test says. I do have the powder right well strontium and the powder well potassium as well as liquid potassium. Maybe I’ll look at a water water and then maybe the other way around , who knows we’ll see this weekend

I honestly can’t remember the last time. I did a water change sometime within the last few months maybe yes definitely when I do water changes. I do 20 gallons.

I ended up ordering carbon last night. Should be here today from Amazon because I realize I was out and I need to change my carbon since I wanted carbon last night and did the best I could with the carbon I had to get out printed in really, really hot water until it was all gunky a dead buildup on it was gone, and then soaked it in our water for like an hour and dump that out and then back in the back in the tank this afternoon I will nitrate and phosphates. Don’t need those getting out of hand. Maybe I should get some kind of phosphate remover just in case or maybe not .

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s a marine mouse
IMG_1864.jpeg

Tighter shot
1714176261716.png
As much as I wish I could grow marine meeses. I’m pretty sure it’s the smaller common feather dusters reproducing. Watched one essentially push a gelatinous blob from its tube where the feathers come out.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever order something….then forgot…..then a heavy box shows up and your like “what the heck did I order from *squints at label* fish tanks direct?”

Opened it and I have a thing of the macro-e mortar.

Then I remembered I needed to use my points so that’s what I got

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back