Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perry,

Been digging the content- keep it comin! : )
The tank is really coming together.

Do you dose nitrate or phosphate? Or is that the result of feed?

Hi Mark,
That's the manifestation of feeding frozen, with a heavy hand :) Thank you for checking out the vids brother!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, big fan of the scape! I really like the gradient of sand sizes in that open sand bed

Hello, thank you for looking over the journal! The sand is an effort to allow for good flow around the Bommie without major disturbance or bare spots. I generally identify the spots, then use crushed coral to top dress that area. I also use it inside the coral Bommie as the corals are mostly modular and independent of their own mount. Be well my friend!!!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving this!!! And struggling to get mine up there lol..

Feed frozen, and heavy, it will climb, lol. I will be adding 5 liters of AF Life Biofil(seeded pumice w/ probiotic bacteria), in a 7 liter capacity reactor. I will put on a ball valve, and introduce slowly. This should make a slow long dent in N03. Desired goal is 10ppm.
I will also drop a .5 liter of AF zeolite in a sock, that way I can shake them easily. I am looking to advance coral coloration to new levels.
Thanks for the love my brother!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed frozen, and heavy, it will climb, lol. I will be adding 5 liters of AF Life Biofil(seeded pumice w/ probiotic bacteria), in a 7 liter capacity reactor. I will put on a ball valve, and introduce slowly. This should make a slow long dent in N03. Desired goal is 10ppm.
I will also drop a .5 liter of AF zeolite in a sock, that way I can shake them easily. I am looking to advance coral coloration to new levels.
Thanks for the love my brother!
I run a zeolite reactor and feed my corals and fish heavy! But I’m using zeobak and bavto balance also…. The higher my numbers get the better my corals look so far..

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sweet Reef Corals
I believe this one is from Jesse, and is sort of lurking, waiting to go nuts!
TSA Spyro The Dragon

20240513_145316.jpg

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Sweet Reef Corals
I believe this one is from Jesse, and is sort of lurking, waiting to go nuts!
TSA Spyro The Dragon

20240513_145316.jpg
I wish it would start shooting for you. That is where its beauty shines. The new growth is an array of pastels against the darker purplish trunk. Its a very nice contrast;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it would start shooting for you. That is where its beauty shines. The new growth is an array of pastels against the darker purplish trunk. Its a very nice contrast;)

Hey Jesse,
This one is waking up from a long dormant dream, or nightmare, lol... I see the potential, and the reason for a post and tag ;)
Best yet to come :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's this "concoction" stuff all about? Last summer, was fortunate enough to take a deep dive into bacteria with Alan @coral reeftank We discussed an array of products, from bacteria, digestive enzymes, carbon source, coral health, nutrition, and not just regarding reef, lol. Alan took this concoction, and has industry attention, and is in production with this elixir he developed.
I am super excited to give this a go, and a jar is in route! Looking forward to seeing my corals response. For 18 years now, I have been in pursuit of advanced acro care and coloration. Knowing the source, I am sure to see a boost in Alan's "concoction", stay tuned :)
Check out the YouTube channel, this will be discussed and documented there ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Tenuis shot, the CC Pink Highlighter continues to reveal more subtle hues of transitional colors. Something about pillowy lavender fading to pearl. The radial coralites show random hues throughout, with the unmistakable hot pink. @therman lineage

20240513_145507.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be curious to hear your results Perry. That CC Pink Highlighter is really taking off!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back