My MXM Review

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start I have the MXM in the other room still in the box un opened. Its still in the box because apparently I have to reprogram all of my lights again and you cant have parent and child mode anymore.

We waited months for a product that's not living up to what some of us expected.

I don't care about the price tag but when the Mobius app does more than the MXM why change over? Just to have everything under one app? I'm almost certain I'm going to return it.
Agree 100%.

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have multiple tanks with Mobius devices or want to have control of them while not having to be right next to the tank, it's really good. Other than that, it's not at all a necessity as it currently stands right now feature-wise.

I honestly don't understand how Ecotech can make all this great equipment and then decide to not support wifi connectivity on their mobius devices, and then have a buggy app on top of that. Compare that to Red Sea equipment that connects to wifi out of the box and actually has a working app that is streamlined and has a user-friendly UI.
My mobius wi fi works great?

Mkeller088

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mobius WiFi? how do you get that to work?
Call eco tech. They can Walk through it. I’ve had Wi-Fi for years, it was a beta program. It works fine. I’m sure they’ll hook you up.

Attachments

• IMG_0454.png
    IMG_0454.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 13

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't noticed that, but I have noticed that as the lights dim or ramp up, it does so in a "step-wise" fashion, vs a smooth ramp up or down.

Otherwise mine is still working fine with my 1x MP10, 2x AI Primes and 1x AI Blade Fuge
How did you create the settings for your Primes? I want to use Saxby with my 32s, but when I select it in Fusion, it isn't correct.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did you create the settings for your Primes? I want to use Saxby with my 32s, but when I select it in Fusion, it isn't correct.

I no longer have that setup. I got a bigger tank.

But I believe I set up the profile for the Primes within Fusion (after they were assigned to the MXM). Once you assign the light to the MXM, you can no longer control it through the AI app.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 95 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 115 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back