Need help programming osc for specific time of day on apex fusion and on without intervals for the rest of the day.

tgray9937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please, I need help programming my apex to run this osc program from 9:00 am to 8pm (
Fallback ON
OSC 000:00/000:20/001:00 Then ON) . Then from 8:01 pm to 8:59 am on with no intervals, is this possible. I have dwarf seahorses and I am having to manually switch the pump from auto to on to make it work and sometime I forget and the ph gets to low for the seahorses. The interval works for the seahorses to eat but they don't need it at night.
Thank you

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please, I need help programming my apex to run this osc program from 9:00 am to 8pm with (
Fallback ON
OSC 000:00/000:20/001:00 Then ON) . Then from 8:01 pm to 8:59 am on with no intervals, is this possible. I have dwarf seahorses and I am having to manually switch the pump from auto to on to make it works and sometime I forget and the ph gets to low for the seahorses. The interval works for the seahorses to eat but they don't need it at night.
Thank you

Am I reading this right that you’re wanting the pump to be controlled by this programming, and you’re wanting the pump to be off during feedings?

How often are you feeding, and how long do you want the pump off for each time?

OP
OP
T

tgray9937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I reading this right that you’re wanting the pump to be controlled by this programming, and you’re wanting the pump to be off during feedings?

How often are you feeding, and how long do you want the pump off for each time?
I run the pump on my apex in auto with osc program at 20 seconds on and a minute off from 8am to about 8pm for the dwarf seahorses to eat the live BBS (this is to simulate tidal pools during the day) then at around 8 or 9 at night I turn the pump to the on position in apex to run without the intervals. I would love to program it in the apex, if it is possible.

Last edited:

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@SuncrestReef has a great tutorial on all things Apex. Here’s the one on the OSC command:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/

I tagged him in the hopes he can help with your scenario. I’ve only ever seen the OSC command used to turn things ON, although I suppose it’s been used to turn things off as well.

What’s throwing me off is that you’re wanting the default state to be ON, and have the OSC command shutting the pump OFF with each interval.

So maybe something like:

Fallback ON
OSC 000:00/000:20/001:00 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 07:59 Then ON

(*edit: see my next post re: 1440 disability)

Have somebody verify that though. I’m not sure if the “If Time” command will override the OSC command or not. I would consider myself a novice/intermediate user, and it’s 4 am right now so I could be messing something up! :)

Last edited:

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The issue I see with what I just posted is that the intervals don’t divide evenly into 1440.

Does it have to be exactly 20 second on, 1 minute off? Can it be 20 seconds on, 1:40 off? Or some variation of that?

OP
OP
T

tgray9937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it setup as a power head to turn on for 20 seconds and turn off for 1 minute. Then I just switched advance to copy the code for this post.

Screenshot_2024-09-17-04-23-29-08_5b5a886e3f3fc74b8c0a8367bc1ffbe2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tgray9937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef has a great tutorial on all things Apex. Here’s the one on the OSC command:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-2-timers.689/

I tagged him in the hopes he can help with your scenario. I’ve only ever seen the OSC command used to turn things ON, although I suppose it’s been used to turn things off as well.

What’s throwing me off is that you’re wanting the default state to be ON, and have the OSC command shutting the pump OFF with each interval.

So maybe something like:

Fallback ON
OSC 000:00/000:20/001:00 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 07:59 Then ON

Have somebody verify that though. I’m not sure if the “If Time” command will override the OSC command or not. I would consider myself a novice/intermediate user, and it’s 4 am right now so I could be messing something up! :)
It's all good

Last edited:

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 50 55.6%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back