Need some assistance with Kessil a360XE and Apex, something weird happening

Reefguy88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Kessil a360XE puck to add to my lighting. Had some space between my XR15’s and figured I’d add a bit more.

I went through the Kessil app with the WiFi dongle and directed the light to run in Apex. I got it functioning and began programming it to match my XR15 schedule. I’m still playing with the spectrum, but here is what I did to begin troubleshooting and testing:

IMG_5706.jpeg

After setting that schedule, I noticed the light was alternating its color/spectrum every minute or two. It suddenly changes from a more white to a deeper blue, then back, repeating the process.

When I look in Fusion I am seeing it shift in intensity as well.

When it’s the more white:

IMG_5707.jpeg

When it’s the deeper blue:

IMG_5708.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea why it’s doing this? Why isn’t it following the schedule I set up? Or at least the schedule I thought I set up lol?

On a side note, I also recently added an Energy Bar 4 to my Apex system. When I hooked it up, it added 4 tiles to my system. I have the Kessil plugged into the Energy Bar 4, but adding an IOTA module gave it its own tile. Is there any way I can make the Kessil tile point to the Energy Bar outlet I plugged it into? Right now the Energy Bar is pointing to a random tile.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Sdbuehler1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Kessil a360XE puck to add to my lighting. Had some space between my XR15’s and figured I’d add a bit more.

I went through the Kessil app with the WiFi dongle and directed the light to run in Apex. I got it functioning and began programming it to match my XR15 schedule. I’m still playing with the spectrum, but here is what I did to begin troubleshooting and testing:

IMG_5706.jpeg

After setting that schedule, I noticed the light was alternating its color/spectrum every minute or two. It suddenly changes from a more white to a deeper blue, then back, repeating the process.

When I look in Fusion I am seeing it shift in intensity as well.

When it’s the more white:

IMG_5707.jpeg

When it’s the deeper blue:

IMG_5708.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea why it’s doing this? Why isn’t it following the schedule I set up? Or at least the schedule I thought I set up lol?

On a side note, I also recently added an Energy Bar 4 to my Apex system. When I hooked it up, it added 4 tiles to my system. I have the Kessil plugged into the Energy Bar 4, but adding an IOTA module gave it its own tile. Is there any way I can make the Kessil tile point to the Energy Bar outlet I plugged it into? Right now the Energy Bar is pointing to a random tile.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
You have the cloud feature enabled for each period. I personally find that feature annoying and don’t use it on the kessils. Tap on the checkbox next to the cloud icon to disable it.

OP
OP
Reefguy88

Reefguy88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the cloud feature enabled for each period. I personally find that feature annoying and don’t use it on the kessils. Tap on the checkbox next to the cloud icon to disable it.

I believe this did the trick. That is so strange. Any clue why cloud data would cause issues like this?

Sdbuehler1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that fixed it. I have been using the apex Neptune control on my Kessil lights from day one. I don’t know if it works any different from the Kessil app but it seems like the cloud simulation is overkill with way too many clouds lol. I found the constant flicker to be obnoxious when I tried it so I turned it off and haven’t messed with it since.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

ASSUME MONEY AND TIME ARE NOT A FACTOR: IF YOU COULD START OVER WITH YOUR TANK, WOULD YOU?

• Yes. I would love a fresh start.

Votes: 47 39.5%
  • Maybe. At times I wish I could start fresh, while other times I'm happy where I'm at.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • No. I'm happy with where I'm at in my reefing journey.

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back