Never seen this before, anyone know what it is?

Castillo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little mini torch loking thing appeared at the bottom of my toad stool out of nowhere and I don’t know what it is. I want to let it grow because it looks kinda nice, but I want to see if it’s a good thing or if I should get rid of it. IMG_6598.jpeg IMG_6600.jpeg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like a ball corallimorph, but it's tough to tell when it's closed. certainly not an aiptasia or majano based on the foot color.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly looks like a ball morph, nice find! They are some of my favorites. They like to stay in the shade and will usually survive off of just leftover food, but you can also target feed it if you want to.

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little mini torch loking thing appeared at the bottom of my toad stool out of nowhere and I don’t know what it is. I want to let it grow because it looks kinda nice, but I want to see if it’s a good thing or if I should get rid of it. IMG_6598.jpeg IMG_6600.jpeg
Definitely looks like a Majano anemone to me. My uncle has a few of them in his tank and he's clueless as to how they got there. Lol

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add, OP, this is definitely a corallimorph (A.K.A. Ball anemone) - most are harmless (they're related to soft mushroom corals); some may reproduce quickly, but it's rarely an issue.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back