New Tang Not Eating (Cont.)

bsap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I posted a little bit ago about my new Yellow Eye Kole Tang not eating and swimming erratically, likely due to stress. Well the swimming problems seemed to have abated but he's still not eating anything I feed. I have a Nori clip and went as far as soaking it in garlic and he did not budge. The same goes for frozen brine shrimp. He is picking at algae on the back wall, on rocks, and even on snails haha. Any ideas what this could be and what can I do to get this guy to eat?

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I posted a little bit ago about my new Yellow Eye Kole Tang not eating and swimming erratically, likely due to stress. Well the swimming problems seemed to have abated but he's still not eating anything I feed. I have a Nori clip and went as far as soaking it in garlic and he did not budge. The same goes for frozen brine shrimp. He is picking at algae on the back wall, on rocks, and even on snails haha. Any ideas what this could be and what can I do to get this guy to eat?
Masstick?
Stick a ball to a rock…

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I've never heard of that. Is there any links?
1720742964543.jpeg
1720742964543.jpeg

OP
OP
bsap

bsap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some pellets also, and different kinds of frozen.
I've tried pellets too and again not budging. I only have one type of frozen at the moment since my LFS is a ways away so hopefully this Masstick works

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had him in the tank for four full days now that's why I'm not raising alarm bells quite yet
Okay. Give him time. The fact that he’s eating algae on the rocks is reassuring. As for nori, fish need to learn to eat it. It’s not natural to them, although some will go for it right away.

My tang never wanted to touch it until I added another tang that went straight for it because he was used to it. After that, all other herbivores ate it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
For best assessment, Please post a video under white light intensity.
As for enticing foods, brine shrimp and LRS herbivore frenzy works well.
Assure its not intimidation from another fish contributing to this situation

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back