New to the group

Stupor_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've been following along on different topics for a while and decided to make an account so I can take part. I've had planted freshwater tanks with Co2 injection and all the works in the past. I've finally gotten to a point now that I could pursue a saltwater tank and here I am.

I currently have a 32 gallon Fijicube Aio with an Ai Prime light overhead and a tank that's about 7 months old now stocked with various SPS and LPS. I have ato and have been learning how to maintain salinity and nutrients.

I've had moderate luck so far with a handful of unfortunate lessions. I'm still learning the ins and outs of managing my nutrients in marine vs fresh. No plants to be had for nitrogen uptake, with my tank being so small and using marco rock my phos and nitro all run a little on the high side. My first mistake was not expecting an ammonia spike when dosing Chemiclean and not knowing how to identify symptoms so I lost my two clownfish and my mandarin. I took a little bit of time to run my tank with just it's clean up crew and take a break for my sanity. So the tank sat for 2 weeks before I began quarantining a pair of clownfish. Ironically the cleanup crew and corals weren't phased by the mini cycle so that was a positive. Fast forward to this morning and I find my clownfish had passed away. I unfortunately think I confused velvet for bacterial infection and assumed it would pass. I was incorrect. I feel terrible, but have made it a personal decision to fallow my tank and follow the guides to a T. I've ordered an algae scrubber for my tank to hopefully help with the nutrients building up, seems like no matter how little I feed my nitrogen still seems to climb. So I've been doing weekly 20% water changes but I hope this will improve that issue.

With that said I look forward to talking to everyone in the group and continue learning how to better maintain a mixed reef ecosystem. I hope to upgrade to a larger system in the future but for now this fits my lifestyle and my home.

Thanks for your time,
Stupor
1000001294.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back