Non app controlled lights?

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering are there any quality lights that have manual controls with things like being dimmable. I have an G3 ish Radeon
(nought used)(post originally mistakenly said G6 in this post) which I like when I can control it, but right now I can't get my Reeflink to talk to my router. I have a Hydros controller that is great once I'm in the app, but every time it needs a hardware update I either have to try to download the update through my country-speed internet or jump through hoops to get to an older version of the app. I'm probably going to get Noopsyche lights, but #1 complaint in the reviews? The app is hard to use. Don't get me wrong, I probably will keep plugging along using apps, but some days I want to go back to using timer switches . ;-) :-D

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Viparspectra are another non-app controlled LED black box. I believe they have some ramping built into the box.

Also Nicrew has some decent remote controlled LED lights, not sure on ramping though - on/off on the older ones but the newer controls may have some ramping.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong. If I had better internet, I'd be app operated all the way. Century Link is awful here (mainly because their customer service is trash, they only hooked my house to phone service after a complaint to the public utilities commission). We are supposed to get better internet options in the future, but until then every glitch in an app is magnified by my slow internet service. Sorry, I meant the post to be more humorous than complaining. I've gotten some great feedback already though. Thanks all.

OP
OP
Imrahilwjz

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broadly speaking, I really do appreciate how helpful folks are here.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Portland Timbers GIF by ROOT SPORTS

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use KESSIL a160s & they are controlled through KESSIL spectral controllers.
Moving away from app based lighting was great for me.
I'm considering T5 hybrid for next tank

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most app controlled lights don’t actually require a working internet connection, but rather just a working wireless network (a router without internet will work just fine), or a Bluetooth connection.

Your Radions support direct connection through Mobius app over Bluetooth, so you don’t actually need to use a reef link with them unless you plan to control them strictly from a computer.

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't get me wrong. If I had better internet, I'd be app operated all the way. Century Link is awful here (mainly because their customer service is trash, they only hooked my house to phone service after a complaint to the public utilities commission). We are supposed to get better internet options in the future, but until then every glitch in an app is magnified by my slow internet service. Sorry, I meant the post to be more humorous than complaining. I've gotten some great feedback already though. Thanks all.
Don't know where you are located but a T-mobile home internet box uses the local cell towers for home internet service. Currently what I am using in my house. It's a stand-alone service so you don't have to have them as a cell provider.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering are there any quality lights that have manual controls with things like being dimmable. I have an G6 Radeon which I like when I can control it, but right now I can't get my Reeflink to talk to my router. I have a Hydros controller that is great once I'm in the app, but every time it needs a hardware update I either have to try to download the update through my country-speed internet or jump through hoops to get to an older version of the app. I'm probably going to get Noopsyche lights, but #1 complaint in the reviews? The app is hard to use. Don't get me wrong, I probably will keep plugging along using apps, but some days I want to go back to using timer switches . ;-) :-D
Aren’t G6 radions only controlled via mobius?
I don’t think you could use the reeflink anymore

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back