OP
OP
St0rmtr00p3r

St0rmtr00p3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I am familiar with these. I use one for a 5 gallon planted freshwater tank. I would not buy it again because of lack of spectrum and intensity control.

We can recommend some better options for you, can I ask what is your honest budget?
Budget is low. I’m looking to by a house closer to my work. I just became supervisor in another state. Put in an offer today so fingers crossed. So as well as a low budget I’m also in no hurry to get an anemone. This is kind of a fact finding mission. Also, just my little tirade against costs of lights in general. Wasn’t the introduction of LEDs supposed to decrease the cost of lighting in general? Cheaper costs leading to a more efficient light? Seems it worked backward. My only wish, to find the cheapest method to accomplish my goals. I don’t wish to have a huge tank. I only want to invest what my needs require. Long ago I went big and bold. And of course reckless. Wasted thousands of dollars on a setup that was rushed and watched it crash. Older and hopefully wiser, I know what I want and it’s just simple. My hermit crabs doing their thing and an anemone swaying in the current.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget is low. I’m looking to by a house closer to my work. I just became supervisor in another state. Put in an offer today so fingers crossed. So as well as a low budget I’m also in no hurry to get an anemone. This is kind of a fact finding mission. Also, just my little tirade against costs of lights in general. Wasn’t the introduction of LEDs supposed to decrease the cost of lighting in general? Cheaper costs leading to a more efficient light? Seems it worked backward. My only wish, to find the cheapest method to accomplish my goals. I don’t wish to have a huge tank. I only want to invest what my needs require. Long ago I went big and bold. And of course reckless. Wasted thousands of dollars on a setup that was rushed and watched it crash. Older and hopefully wiser, I know what I want and it’s just simple. My hermit crabs doing their thing and an anemone swaying in the current.
I totally understand your point of view! However, there is still a little bit of "you get what you pay for" with any sort of lighting or reefing equipment.

That being said, if it'll fit in your budget, the Noopsyche K7 mini (linked below) will do everything you need and then some, and for $83. This is the most affordable fixture that I can recommend in good faith based on functionality, power, quality and your tank size. Best of luck with the new home purchase, too!

OP
OP
St0rmtr00p3r

St0rmtr00p3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand your point of view! However, there is still a little bit of "you get what you pay for" with any sort of lighting or reefing equipment.

That being said, if it'll fit in your budget, the Noopsyche K7 mini (linked below) will do everything you need and then some, and for $83. This is the most affordable fixture that I can recommend in good faith based on functionality, power, quality and your tank size. Best of luck with the new home purchase, too!

Thanks for the advice and well wishes

HOW ARE YOU FIGHTING NUISANCE ALGAE RIGHT NOW?

• Clean-Up Crew

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Algae-Eating Fish

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Light Adjustments

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Nutrient Adjustments

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 17 16.8%
Back