NUGGETS: What's your most favorite reefing accomplishment?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking today about reefing accomplishments and the things that make you proud as a reefer!

These little "nuggets of accomplishments" can really keep you going and just one of them supersedes five of the "failure nuggets." Well it sure does for me anyway! :p

So let's hear what it is for you! Could be coral, fish, chemistry related or more!

What's one of your most favorite reefing accomplishments? You can share more if you would like!
For me one of the nuggets was plumbing my 400g Basement tank! It wasn't perfect and could have been done many ways better but for me it was a huge accomplishment! Although I did eventually UP-SIZE the return lines for better flow!

1724689152436.png

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New to the hobby, so my answer is starting the cycle. Took a ton of research, patience, work, and time to get to this point.

IMG_5711.jpeg

(Lights on just to get a photo of the beginning)

Honestly that's a GREAT milestone!! Congrats!

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was keeping a Sea Apple happy for years in my old 90g. It was a point of pride AND stress, lol. As when they get unhappy, bad things can happen to a tank. Don't know if I'll ever keep one again, cause I've become even MORE conservative with my actions as the decades have passed! But we'll see.....

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acro frag collection is doing well. I had one about three years ago and lost them all to stn. I took what I learned and tried again about 1 1/2 years ago. Now things are growing pretty good. Also, I recently started a lps frag tank and that is doing well. I used to struggle with torches, hammers, etc.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me one of the nuggets was plumbing my 400g Basement tank! It wasn't perfect and could have been done many ways better but for me it was a huge accomplishment! Although I did eventually UP-SIZE the return lines for better flow!

1724689152436.png

Quite a plumbing extravaganza!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thinking today about reefing accomplishments and the things that make you proud as a reefer!

These little "nuggets of accomplishments" can really keep you going and just one of them supersedes five of the "failure nuggets." Well it sure does for me anyway! :p

So let's hear what it is for you! Could be coral, fish, chemistry related or more!

What's one of your most favorite reefing accomplishments? You can share more if you would like!

1724689152436.png
I like seeing babies and new polyps. Growth on corals, fish growing and fattening up and being all healthy and happy and all. When my Bower went from 1 head to 6, when my dead Pink Cadillac grew back and started reencrusting the skeleton, when my Strats started popping new babies, when my Reverse Prism Favia is super fluffy, and when my Dragon Soul Favia splits and creates new mouths.

Back