old redsea tank

vladthesmall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i work at a small highschool in forest va and this past year convinced the staff we needed a saltwater reef. they gave me a 2k budget to get a tank up and running and my first instinct was facebook marketplace. within the first day i had found a tank, a redsea 525 xl. its an older model but it came with everything and we had it up and running same day. it came with older ai prime 32's they have since began to not work properly. everytime they lose power it resets in the app to jan 1, 200 at 12 oclock at nights. today they stopped contacting to the app. if anyone has any ideas that would be great. the overflow is also extermely loud without a sponge in it im not sure if they wouldve let me keep the tank. any ideas why its so loud?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
My ai prime does that sometimes even tough I bought it brand new. Make sure your Bluetooth is on and the app is up to date. Even then sometimes it won't work though :(.
Have you looked into adding support for that tank, red sea tanks, especially older models have a bad history of springing leaks, and I doubt the school would like that.

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!​

We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing
1726700105331.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AaaR2R2.gif

i work at a small highschool in forest va and this past year convinced the staff we needed a saltwater reef. they gave me a 2k budget to get a tank up and running and my first instinct was facebook marketplace. within the first day i had found a tank, a redsea 525 xl. its an older model but it came with everything and we had it up and running same day. it came with older ai prime 32's they have since began to not work properly. everytime they lose power it resets in the app to jan 1, 200 at 12 oclock at nights. today they stopped contacting to the app. if anyone has any ideas that would be great. the overflow is also extermely loud without a sponge in it im not sure if they wouldve let me keep the tank. any ideas why its so loud?

Greetings and Welcome! So a few things. Some fish and corals can be toxic and/or issue a sting (wasp x3 with some). My Dad was a HS Biology teacher for 30 years and would constantly gripe about administration. And he was department chair, so I heard it all. Just don't get yourself in a position where you may end up with a negative outcome.

All this doom and gloom aside, he kept, at different times, Boas, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Black Widows, Piranha, and a mess of other venomous/mean/suspect animals/arachnids/reptiles/fish. But the 70s and 80s were a different time.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You need to fiddle with the valve inside the stand. It’s super finicky and annoying but you should be able to get it to quiet down. Probably need to close it some. Close, wait 10-15, fiddle with it more and so on..

Watch the seams on this tank. These old red seas have been failing, they develop bubbles in the seam and come apart. Sorry for the bad news. Not everyone has this problem but ya..

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back