OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a work in progress and far from done. We had similar ideas. 72x30x25. I am leaving the rear of the rock work 4" from the glass.
1719191472162.png
That looks awesome. Will you mortar them together? In the past I could never get the same scape I would practice when placing in the tank.

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!!!!!!!
I will have basement sump. Display tank will be in my office.
Planning on having a hood that can be raise with linear actuators. I have to speak to the people at AluFab regarding the T-slot stand can handle the weight of a suspended canopy.
QM84 love what you have done thus far.

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 1/2023 and we went to Europe for 10 days. I was following the tank parameters with my trusty Apex and Trident. Mid vacation I started to notice my Alk dropping quite a bit. I typically keep my Alk around 8 and it had dropped quite a bit. At this time since my corals were still frags I was having DOS dose 2 part. Because of the alk drop I had the doser dose more alk. By day 9 of vacation I was dosing more than double the amount I had prior to the vacation. I came home to find many frags bleached, dead, or dying.

Vivid’s Confetti

IMG_4223.jpeg

JF Homewrecker
IMG_4222.jpeg

Frag Rack
IMG_4163.jpeg

I checked my parameters with Hanna and my Alk was 12! I had a Alk spike. This is when I realized Trident is a great tool but it is not to be relied upon completely. I should not have made such huge dosing changes when I knew the rhythm of my dosing requirements. Lesson learned (I hope).

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!!!!!!!
I will have basement sump. Display tank will be in my office.
Planning on having a hood that can be raise with linear actuators. I have to speak to the people at AluFab regarding the T-slot stand can handle the weight of a suspended canopy.
QM84 love what you have done thus far.
I need to hear more about this. Would love to do something like that with a future build.

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez that is horrible. I have a friend that was watching my tank years ago. He crashed the entire tank. Do you like the Apex. I am leaning towards Hydros

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez that is horrible. I have a friend that was watching my tank years ago. He crashed the entire tank. Do you like the Apex. I am leaning towards Hydros
I do love my apex but definitely have a love and hate relationship. As I narrate this story I will tell you about the time it left my Avast Plank on for hours which dumped all the food into the tank over probably a day. I still don’t know how that happened and if it truly was the Apex’s fault. Looking at logs that apex saves I must have had a power outage at the time the plank was on and then it came back on and didn’t stop? I’m still not sure. There are other minor failures I have had with the apex but I have tried to build redundancy which has helped me on multiple occasions.

I do think I will go with Hydros on my next build and am already eying the Maven!

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched a Maven video done by Coral Vue. It has rinse cycles, runs a bunch of tests and what appears to be quality construction. I went to Reefapaloosa NY and saw their product firsthand. They appear to be a more industrial type units.

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched a Maven video done by Coral Vue. It has rinse cycles, runs a bunch of tests and what appears to be quality construction. I went to Reefapaloosa NY and saw their product firsthand. They appear to be a more industrial type units.
That’s exciting! I was waiting for the Trident NP and it looks like the same toy product the Trident is lol. Competition is great. There was a long period of time Neptune has not had any competition. I am from the time when we had Digital Aquatics. After they left, Neptune really had no competition. I’m hopeful Neptune will wake up with all this fierce competition from Hydros.

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s 2/2023. A friend of mine breeds clownfish and I was able to acquire these Rod’s line (same guy who makes Rod’s Food) Onyx percula clownfish. I don’t know why they are no longer famous but back in the day they were desired. I was able to get a Chicago sunburst anemone to host this new pair!

OP
OP
O

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a blonde Naso tang and for some reason quality has been subpar no matter the vendor. Something has been off with collection where specimens unfortunately do poorly. I was able to find one at my LFS. He was very difficult to get to eat in quarantine. He went through TTM and observed for over a month in QT before he went into the display. Here he is shortly before going into the display. Say hi to George. He is currently the king of my tank and my favorite.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.7%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.7%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 55 24.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.9%
Back