One of my oldest corals

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my Kelly Green for years. This it the original piece but it has spawned many colonies be it by me or my bulldozer fish.
Always amazed by the color.
IMG_4288.jpeg

OP
OP
100gallonreefer

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always super impressed by anything you show form your tank. How do you do it????? Beautiful colon
I always shoot for 9.0 kh. I like a mixed reef. Unfortunately most euphilia like over 10 kh and I have trouble keeping them. Whatever kh# you want keep it constant. Most corals can adapt to an environment but you need to keep it stable. That’s my take on it over the years

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always shoot for 9.0 kh. I like a mixed reef. Unfortunately most euphilia like over 10 kh and I have trouble keeping them. Whatever kh# you want keep it constant. Most corals can adapt to an environment but you need to keep it stable. That’s my take on it over the years
I use to use a doser but it malfunctioned on me. Luckily I was home and in the middle of feeding. The second pump with Alk went on at the correct time but didn't want to turn off. I noticed the white cloud from the ALK in my display which never happened before and immediately unplugged it. Alk went from 9.6 to 13.8. Made a quick batch of fresh saltwater for a water change but said "Nah... I'm going to let it play itself out." Next day the alk was back down to 10.8 and all other Parameters were fine. (Dosers Scare me!) Lol

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use to use a doser but it malfunctioned on me. Luckily I was home and in the middle of feeding. The second pump with Alk went on at the correct time but didn't want to turn off. I noticed the white cloud from the ALK in my display which never happened before and immediately unplugged it. Alk went from 9.6 to 13.8. Made a quick batch of fresh saltwater for a water change but said "Nah... I'm going to let it play itself out." Next day the alk was back down to 10.8 and all other Parameters were fine. (Dosers Scare me!) Lol
I refuse to use dosers. Don’t trust them at all.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 110 28.9%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 157 41.2%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 97 25.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 17 4.5%
Back