Overgrown Leather

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I was on here last. I have a long polyp leather that has grown to the point that it is shading out some of my other corals. I do not want to get rid of the whole thing, but need to get it under control. I was wondering if I cut the main stem a few inches from the base, will it grow a new top there? Or, if you notice in the picture, the stem has attached to the rock work higher up. If I cut the stem below that, will it continue to grow above? I understand that I can can a ring off the out edge of the cap to reduce it's sizes, but would really like to have it back down near the bottom of the tank where it originated...thanks for advise!

20240626_170126.jpg

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter where you make the cut it will grow a new crown. If you cut it lower though where it's attached to the rock, I don't think the crown will be as spectacular like before. The rock will kind of hinder that. GL.

OP
OP
Scottrshoe

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter where you make the cut it will grow a new crown. If you cut it lower though where it's attached to the rock, I don't think the crown will be as spectacular like before. The rock will kind of hinder that. GL.
Thank you. This is the leather a little over a year ago or so...

1719441845007.png

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back