OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was maintenance day and I decided it was time for a full makeover. Many corals had big holes and to fight the algae, it was necessary to trim and scratch everything.

This time I went with the island concept to try to appreciate the fish more. At the same time, I took out a fantastic storm filefish, he ate all the aiptasia in the tank and I don’t want him to die. Also the pigmy angel had to go as he was too aggressive and I am thinking to add a flame angel. The LFS will swap the fish and ton of coral in the following weeks/months, so I think this is a win.
IMG_3127.jpeg
IMG_3128.jpeg

OP
OP
PanchoG

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reset looks great IMO, however the stress seems to had been to much for the Morish Idol, during the day next to the reset he was eating and swimming happily and fat and suddenly the next morning he was dead.

I see no other reasons than stress, my blue tang was also stressed with some kind of skin issues but it is recovering fine.

Nevertheless I believe the reset was necessary. I am now focus on decreasing NO3 and PO4 that are at 50 and 0.8 ppm. I am reading a lot on carbon dosing and may start with vodka or vinegar apart of adding Phosguard.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back