Pisces EXO makes a splash!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We at (ArtFully Acrylic) and ClearView Lids want to say thank you so much to the customer interest support and staggering order numbers for our newest lid.

Additionally, we wanted to take a moment to thank Jake Adams and Reefbuilders for their excited featuring of this lid on their Vlog 29.

We really appreciate collaborative efforts and they made this incredibly easy, since all we did was make the lids...they did all the work and we are grateful for it.
That they love what they do shows in all that they do!

I will leave the link here for anyone who isn't already a big Jake Adams fan.
(please forgive that the lid is referred to as a Tsunami...we spoke at length about sending them Tsunami lids, and sent them the new Pisces EXO instead)

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish my tsunami fit my overflow box that perfect ..was a bit disappointed. And for the 6 ft I definatley get a sag ..looks like better improvements figures lol

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I trade in my classic lid?? Just kidding! But I’m definitely tempted to try one.
Totally worth getting a Pisces EXO...if your Classic isn't old, splurge and get another tank and buy the EXO for that!!
Who doesn't love the thrill of a new tank?
Either way, you know where to find us [email protected]
I will get you an order form whenever you are ready.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the advantage of the Pisces EXO over the Classic lid?

The frame is wider than the Classic and Tsunami Lids, offering upgraded physics there, the interlocking joints/modular system are of a completely different design and will experience less wear and tear for those who lift and clean often, adding to lid longevity. The venting of the frame itself allows for better gas flow.

As with the Tsunami, the modular sections can be replaced for future configurations.

The tabbing system has upgraded to support this particular design and placed differently, no cord slots ever need to be purchased for the back of the lid. We <biased opinion here> think it looks amazing! Totally new aesthetics!

Once we get the lid onto our site, ordering will be made easier, with pre-programmed options for light mount cut outs (less consumer measuring!!!) and we are thinking hard about adding a feed door as a built in option, though that has not been decided upon. ***Prices will vary.
The lid also weighs about 50% less than, while actually being as strong as, the solid Classic frame. Saves your back and money on shipping!

Get your pre-order form for the second roll out at [email protected]

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish my tsunami fit my overflow box that perfect ..was a bit disappointed. And for the 6 ft I definitely get a sag ..looks like better improvements figures lol

When did you order this lid?
If it is one of ours, email me, if it is able to be fixed and it is our mistake, we will fix it, free of charge. It is a Tsunami, it is modular; it can be a truly easy fix. That is a replacement section. You can send it back, we will replace the part and re-screen it for you. Please do not ever settle if fitment is not correct. We guarantee our lids and stand behind our work. I am Kerri. Email me at [email protected] I can get you a pre-paid return label and get this moving for you in the right direction.

We also have a new accessory. We have a brace kit you can purchase that is truly helpful on larger tanks. The brace is removable, it can act as a handle and will reduce sag on larger lids, as it pushes the frame back to square.

I look forward to your email. Please mention this thread, so I know who I am speaking with and will be pre-informed as to how to help you.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Appreciate that , it's not a huge deal but the space is enough that a small wrasse could fit through . I'll email ya a pic and we can see what we can do . Going without a top at this point isnt an option however . Interested in the brace though , thanks

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate that , it's not a huge deal but the space is enough that a small wrasse could fit through . I'll email ya a pic and we can see what we can do . Going without a top at this point isnt an option however . Interested in the brace though , thanks
We can always send a replacement section to you with mesh and spline and you can re-screen it yourself, if you cannot go without the lid due to jumpers. It is not the recommended option, but it is better than going without a lid and losing expensive wrasse or doing nothing and still losing fish.
As always, all customers can email us at [email protected] with any ANY problems with orders and we will endeavor to fix it. As we are a very small USA business (just four of us) we have very little time to spend on the forums and almost never see an issue if it is only posted here. Please include your original order number starting with the letters CV in the email so I can pull up all of your information, to best serve your needs and offer all possible solutions.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone gotten a lid for a marineland tank that has bracing across the center (65 g has single brace). Do you have to make the lid for each section because of the brace? The inside of the brace is cut like the outer frame so it would seem a single piece lid would have to sit on top of frame and not “drop” inside the tank edges like rimless tanks.

Thanks

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frame is wider than the Classic and Tsunami Lids, offering upgraded physics there, the interlocking joints/modular system are of a completely different design and will experience less wear and tear for those who lift and clean often, adding to lid longevity. The venting of the frame itself allows for better gas flow.

As with the Tsunami, the modular sections can be replaced for future configurations.

The tabbing system has upgraded to support this particular design and placed differently, no cord slots ever need to be purchased for the back of the lid. We <biased opinion here> think it looks amazing! Totally new aesthetics!

Once we get the lid onto our site, ordering will be made easier, with pre-programmed options for light mount cut outs (less consumer measuring!!!) and we are thinking hard about adding a feed door as a built in option, though that has not been decided upon. ***Prices will vary.
The lid also weighs about 50% less than, while actually being as strong as, the solid Classic frame. Saves your back and money on shipping!

Get your pre-order form for the second roll out at [email protected]

So there are cord slots by default on the back and only need to buy extra if you need a cord on a side section like for a wavemaker on side glass?

And currently a feed door needs special order to do the cutout for it?

The tsunami line will be dropped when this goes into full production? I assume will still be cheaper than classic but more than if I order a tsunami now?

Thanks.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone gotten a lid for a marineland tank that has bracing across the center (65 g has single brace). Do you have to make the lid for each section because of the brace? The inside of the brace is cut like the outer frame so it would seem a single piece lid would have to sit on top of frame and not “drop” inside the tank edges like rimless tanks.

Thanks
Kerri replied to an email and said I would need a 2 piece lid based on other marineland models they have on their menu.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into polishing the sides? Seems the dull sided is what makes them NOT disappear. IMO the polished sided will bring this lot to the next level I haven’t had the time but plan on doing mine to see if the difference will be worth it.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearview Lids is pleased to announce that we have a brand new, more user friendly site, with customizations available on each product page INCLUDING direct ordering for the Pisces EXO lids.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there are cord slots by default on the back and only need to buy extra if you need a cord on a side section like for a wavemaker on side glass?

And currently a feed door needs special order to do the cutout for it?

The tsunami line will be dropped when this goes into full production? I assume will still be cheaper than classic but more than if I order a tsunami now?

Thanks.
That is correct about the cord slots with regard to the Pisces EXO.

We will not drop the Tsunami lid style.

Pisces is three times the programming time, extra material space used and offers a number of other factors that are not available with the Classic or Tsunami, so is and will remain more expensive to produce than either other lid style choice.

You can learn about the three lid styles and attributes on our front page at clearviewlids.com

A feed door is an add on to the base lid, so, essentially, yes. I do not know that I would classify it as a special order, just an addition to your order.

Last edited:

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct about the cord slots with regard to the Pisces EXO.

We will not drop the Tsunami lid style.

Pisces is three times the programming time, extra material space used and offers a number of other factors that are not available with the Classic or Tsunami, so is and will remain more expensive to produce than either other lid style choice.

You can learn about the three lid styles and attributes on our front page at clearviewlids.com

A feed door is an add on to the base lid, so, essentially, yes. I do not know that I would classify it as a special order, just an addition to your order.

where are the location of cord holes on the exo. i ordered one 2 days ago for my waterbox and added 4 cord holes and paid for them on the order. 1 in each back corner and 1 on each side of center overflow?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are the location of cord holes on the exo. i ordered one 2 days ago for my waterbox and added 4 cord holes and paid for them on the order. 1 in each back corner and 1 on each side of center overflow?
Our website is brand new and we do apologize, we are still working out the kinks. Please contact me via email at [email protected] and I will make certain you know where the cord slots will be placed and refund any you paid for that did not warrant an additional charge.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I am very happy you sought out the solution to this via email and we will always be easier to reach via email on current orders and very happy to help.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a marineland 65 gal tank. It’s top dimensions are 36”x18”.
So it’s same size tank as the marineland 40g breeder(but deeper) except it has a center brace. Similar to the 90g that has a brace but that one is 48”x18 long.

Wasn’t sure if I need to order a complete custom designed lid? Can you modify a 40 or 90 lid to fit my tank if I’m going with a tsunami style? Or is that as much work as building the 65 lid from scratch? I was thinking the 90 lid just has to be 6” shorter on each section. Thought I could save a few bucks

Also I have he corner overflow, I assume that doesn’t affect measurements at all? Looks like it is below the frame so it wouldn’t affect a lid? I currently have a lid that I made from hardware door screen kit and overflow doesn’t touch it.

Thank you

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate that , it's not a huge deal but the space is enough that a small wrasse could fit through . I'll email ya a pic and we can see what we can do . Going without a top at this point isn't an option however . Interested in the brace though , thanks
We can probably cut a thin Lexan cover (no tabs, nothing fancy) to make sure your lid is safe for your wrasse.
If you have already emailed me, I truly hope we were able to proffer a solution.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back