Pistol shrimp dying or molting fine?

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen parts of his shed in other parts of the tank so that means he didn’t shed with a clean split, and he’s still got shed on his claw, is he going to be okay? He’s on his side moving his back feet or whatever they are called. Video below. Please help!

Attachments

• 74180626434__81CAC010-31BE-43C6-BE08-6361E29F0FAC.MOV
    1.7 MB

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really see what is going on in the video. It sounds odd. I am afraid any intervention will cause extra stress (panic actually) and do more harm than good. I am going to say that you need to let him work it out on his own if he can.

OP
OP
R

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in this more vulnerable state, do you think my emerald crabs could go after him?

OP
OP
R

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I separated it in a box with holes in the tank but just woke and saw that it dropped it’s big claw, will he be able to live without it and regrow another one?

OP
OP
R

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it’s been about 15 hours since the start of the shed and he still isn’t finished I am very worried about him.

OP
OP
R

Richard K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also is it normal for him to just be moving his back see through feet during a molt?

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an expert so I can’t answer those questions. I do know 100% that the claw will come back on the next molt as my pistol dropped his in the net the first day I bought him. It was back in several weeks when he molted again. I know there has been some threads on here if you search for them. May answer your questions better

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back