Planning a FOWLR, but mayybbee....

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stepped away from salt for the last 3 years after getting a little burnt out from sps. I have an in wall 300 gal discus planted now that I am planning to go FOWLR. Thinking fish like puffers, triggers, wrasse, and Angel's. Curious what success folks have had keeping these types of fish with softies.
I am considering dropping Angel's from the stock list to possibly keep the softies with less issues. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1726616688626.png

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stepped away from salt for the last 3 years after getting a little burnt out from sps. I have an in wall 300 gal discus planted now that I am planning to go FOWLR. Thinking fish like puffers, triggers, wrasse, and Angel's. Curious what success folks have had keeping these types of fish with softies.
I am considering dropping Angel's from the stock list to possibly keep the softies with less issues. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Cant say much of the first three but there are reef safe angels. Such as swallowtail and watanabei. Unless you are talking about large angels such as emperor etc

My next tank will be FOWLR

Welcome to R2R

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks in advance.
You could always try softies that grow like crazy and are extremely hardy, also cheap! GSP, Xenia, and Kenya Trees all grow decently fast and reproduce like crazy!

OP
OP
spscrackhead

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always try softies that grow like crazy and are extremely hardy, also cheap! GSP, Xenia, and Kenya Trees all grow decently fast and reproduce like crazy!
I was more along the lines of leathers and things like that. Not really so much the invasive guys. Although growing those could be like growing a food source lol.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more along the lines of leathers and things like that. Not really so much the invasive guys. Although growing those could be like growing a food source lol.
True haha having GSP would be like having a pasture of grass for them to mow down, Toadstools and finger leathers are awesome too!

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2 cents...
I have not done this but have been curious as well.

I think if you can stock the tank with a lot of big softies that people are giving away or for cheap then there would prob. be enough to spread out nipping. but then again IDK for sure just an idea.

a 300 is a great size for a FO tank! lots of room to add the big boys! I think you should do it if your getting board with the discus tank.

post a pic of it BTW :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • No.

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 2.8%

Back