Please assist! New RO unit

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the unit with all the filters attached and showing the arrows of flow.
Any advice on packing the resin into the chamber? Do I tamp it down and make sure I can’t get a single grain more inside? I really feel like I can’t get any more inside the chamber.
I would start by removing that last stage that is for “taste and odor” and see what your tds is.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start by removing that last stage that is for “taste and odor” and see what your tds is.

This

plus horizontal di does not have the reputation of being very effective but I have never used one.

OP
OP
B

Bones29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s strange as this is how it came out the box, but I will have a good look at it, thanks

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s strange as this is how it came out the box, but I will have a good look at it, thanks
You traditionally see a final filter stage like that on filters made for uses other than aquariums. Rodi filters specifically made for aquarium use will not have any stages after the di.
I honestly don’t even know what that stage is. I had a rodi filter made for drinking water 20 years ago and it had that added filter but I ended up removing it. Unfortunately I can’t tell you if it increased my tds because at the time I didn’t have a tds meter. I can say that on my current system once the water goes through the sediment and carbon block the tds is slightly higher than it is before them, so I know certain stages can increase the tds, at least slightly.

pleasure2024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these canisters for my di and it does not matter which way it flows. You can also see my di storage container with rubber seal.

IMGP1975.JPG

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 97 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back