Please help (tank upsize)

Tomato Potato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a 3 year reefer and I need to upsize. My first and only tank is a aquatop 24g and I want to get something bigger. The main goal is to convince my parents. All I have is 1 clown and a few sps.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look at a 75g myself, same length as a 55, slightly wider taller, but way more room.

Petco or Petsmart pretty regularly has Aqueon 75g Tanks on sale for right over $100. Brand New. or look in your local ads for a used. 75g is a 4 foot long tank. Good starter size IMO :)

OP
OP
T

Tomato Potato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50- 55 gallon is probably the next step. You can still get a stand and tank for a good price and it’s not to big where parents would complain. Not sure of your age but maybe you can work or volunteer around the house to earn it.
I was thinking something similar to that. My parents usually like to spend A lot on Christmas gifts (not enough for a tank). But you right, if I help more around the house, then they would be willing to spend more.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 51 23.1%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 56 25.3%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 13 5.9%
Back