Preparing for my new mixed reef!

lesismore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow hobbyists!

I wanted to offer a friendly hello and introduce myself. My name is Les and I live in Mesa, AZ. I’m super excited because I am waiting for the grand arrival of my new 300 gallon custom glass aquarium, modern wood stand and custom rimless glass sump from the extraordinary, Glass Cages.

I’ve had both fresh and saltwater aquariums over the years and have a nice level of aquarium keeping knowledge. Nonetheless, I truly enjoy learning more each and every day from you ladies and gentlemen so thank you for all the questions you answer and the guidance you share.

I’m beyond excited about the build. It will be an 8 feet long x 30” wide x 25” tall masterpiece with low iron viewing panels and cross braces, smoked perimeter eurobracing, armored seams, and a concealed waterline, atop a beautiful solid wood, painted white, 36” tall stand. I’ve never had an aquarium even remotely close to this level of quality or attractiveness before, so I had much to learn, and thanks to Joe and Silas at Glass Cages, the experience has been amazing. The level of timely communication, the thorough knowledge, the enthusiasm they bring and the general level of care and support they have offered me has been incredible to the extent that my day is brighter when I get to trade a note or chat on the phone with them. It’s rare to find that kind of experience and it makes me feel very thankful that this is the builder I’ve carefully chosen and the one many of you recommended in a number of threads on here.

I’ve prepared for the tank by getting my equipment ready and setting up my RODI filtration, RODI barrel and salt mixing station. It’s been nice using this time to get everything I will need all set up.

I’m going to be setting up a nice quarantine tank, which is yet another item Glass Cages is building for me. All in all, I hope to improve upon my own past experiences, so I can truly enjoy the tank and all that it will bring to my life.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know some great hobbyists on here and for having the chance to share our joy of saltwater aquariums and reefs. I also look forward to sharing more updates with you once the tank arrives so stay tuned!

Be well and thank you all again!!

Les

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings fellow hobbyists!

I wanted to offer a friendly hello and introduce myself. My name is Les and I live in Mesa, AZ. I’m super excited because I am waiting for the grand arrival of my new 300 gallon custom glass aquarium, modern wood stand and custom rimless glass sump from the extraordinary, Glass Cages.

I’ve had both fresh and saltwater aquariums over the years and have a nice level of aquarium keeping knowledge. Nonetheless, I truly enjoy learning more each and every day from you ladies and gentlemen so thank you for all the questions you answer and the guidance you share.

I’m beyond excited about the build. It will be an 8 feet long x 30” wide x 25” tall masterpiece with low iron viewing panels and cross braces, smoked perimeter eurobracing, armored seams, and a concealed waterline, atop a beautiful solid wood, painted white, 36” tall stand. I’ve never had an aquarium even remotely close to this level of quality or attractiveness before, so I had much to learn, and thanks to Joe and Silas at Glass Cages, the experience has been amazing. The level of timely communication, the thorough knowledge, the enthusiasm they bring and the general level of care and support they have offered me has been incredible to the extent that my day is brighter when I get to trade a note or chat on the phone with them. It’s rare to find that kind of experience and it makes me feel very thankful that this is the builder I’ve carefully chosen and the one many of you recommended in a number of threads on here.

I’ve prepared for the tank by getting my equipment ready and setting up my RODI filtration, RODI barrel and salt mixing station. It’s been nice using this time to get everything I will need all set up.

I’m going to be setting up a nice quarantine tank, which is yet another item Glass Cages is building for me. All in all, I hope to improve upon my own past experiences, so I can truly enjoy the tank and all that it will bring to my life.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know some great hobbyists on here and for having the chance to share our joy of saltwater aquariums and reefs. I also look forward to sharing more updates with you once the tank arrives so stay tuned!

Be well and thank you all again!!

Les
I'm going through GC as well when I finally pull the trigger on mine. Joe is awesome. I've only talked with him one time and the experience was positive.

Welcome to the Boards!

OP
OP
lesismore

lesismore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through GC as well when I finally pull the trigger on mine. Joe is awesome. I've only talked with him one time and the experience was positive.

Welcome to the Boards!
Thank you! That’s great to hear. I think you’ll be very happy and it will be worth the wait.

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing

1725569703491.png

OP
OP
lesismore

lesismore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing

1725569703491.png

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

1725569703491.png
That sounds great! Thank you very much for the kind welcome.

Last edited:

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard - would love to see your build thread! 8ft tanks are cool but you will soon discover many challenges with flow and lighting options. Good luck and have fun!

Mine is a similar 8’ footprint except deeper at 3’ (8x3x2.5), also in white.

Back