PRETTY COOL ANNOUNCEMENT HERE AT BATTLECORALS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 4, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sometimes I think maybe I am just lucky. I saw an opportunity and I didn't hesitate. It may not always seem like it, but our sponsor forums down here are not just for "coral drops", live sales and endless promotions. I've always seen my forum as an open window into my thoughts and methodologies, as well as a place to discuss anything and everything that may concern the way, why and how I do what I do.

But the thing is, as I’ve gotten busier over the years, it’s been challenging to devote the kind of time I used to, to interesting write ups and discussions. Believe me I miss it and think about it all the time. It’s just one of the things I haven’t been able to do. If you're one of those people that have tried to get me on the phone over the years, and got my blanket excuse that I was "juggling two or three things at once" and/or "don't have time to break away." It's never really been an exaggeration. I'm a one man show with a boat load of stuff to get done daily. But as with the phone, the same holds true to peripheral things like forum diving and thread creating. But I love the idea an active forum, that is where my good friend Matt comes in.

If you don’t know him yet, Matt is the kind of reefer the hobby and forum need more of, and when I saw that he was thinking about stepping away from his own forum here on Reef2Reef, I wasted no time in trying to recruit him. Literally I was bugging him within minutes I think.

Matt and I operate on similar wavelengths with regards to the hobby itself. I have become a huge fan of his threads and videos and in an effort to not only keep Matt rolling here, but increase visibility of my own forum, I have asked, or should say begged Matt to continue his insightful posts in my forum. Not shilling for Battlecorals mind you. I can do that part just fine on my own. More so, providing him with a platform to continue what he’s already been doing so well. And that is actively contributing tremendously to this forum.

So what does this mean? Simple! It means you can look forward to more of Matts insights, wisdom and discussion right here in The Battlecorals forum. And I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have him on board. If you are asking, why not just have Matt post his content in the appropriate sub forums here on R2R? The truth is, I just want him on my team. Matt is an SPS guy like me and I know a lot of his methods and concepts are super relevant to what I'm doing as well. He was a little apprehensive about doing this because he wasn't sure if people would understand what he was doing in my form, but I assured him that he couldn't be more welcome and I for one genuinely look forward to what he has to offer. I told him I'll stay out of his way, and that he is free to post anything and everything he's willing to share right here in my forum.

So whether you already know Matt, or this is your introduction, please join me in welcoming him as the first person other than me to be a contributor to the Battlecorals forum!

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 11.06.50 AM.png

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sometimes I think maybe I am just lucky. I saw an opportunity and I didn't hesitate. It may not always seem like it, but our sponsor forums down here are not just for "coral drops", live sales and endless promotions. I've always seen my forum as an open window into my thoughts and methodologies, as well as a place to discuss anything and everything that may concern the way, why and how I do what I do.

But the thing is, as I’ve gotten busier over the years, it’s been challenging to devote the kind of time I used to, to interesting write ups and discussions. Believe me I miss it and think about it all the time. It’s just one of the things I haven’t been able to do. If you're one of those people that have tried to get me on the phone over the years, and got my blanket excuse that I was "juggling two or three things at once" and/or "don't have time to break away." It's never really been an exaggeration. I'm a one man show with a boat load of stuff to get done daily. But as with the phone, the same holds true to peripheral things like forum diving and thread creating. But I love the idea an active forum, that is where my good friend Matt comes in.

If you don’t know him yet, Matt is the kind of reefer the hobby and forum need more of, and when I saw that he was thinking about stepping away from his own forum here on Reef2Reef, I wasted no time in trying to recruit him. Literally I was bugging him within minutes I think.

Matt and I operate on similar wavelengths with regards to the hobby itself. I have become a huge fan of his threads and videos and in an effort to not only keep Matt rolling here, but increase visibility of my own forum, I have asked, or should say begged Matt to continue his insightful posts in my forum. Not shilling for Battlecorals mind you. I can do that part just fine on my own. More so, providing him with a platform to continue what he’s already been doing so well. And that is actively contributing tremendously to this forum.

So what does this mean? Simple! It means you can look forward to more of Matts insights, wisdom and discussion right here in The Battlecorals forum. And I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have him on board. If you are asking, why not just have Matt post his content in the appropriate sub forums here on R2R? The truth is, I just want him on my team. Matt is an SPS guy like me and I know a lot of his methods and concepts are super relevant to what I'm doing as well. He was a little apprehensive about doing this because he wasn't sure if people would understand what he was doing in my form, but I assured him that he couldn't be more welcome and I for one genuinely look forward to what he has to offer. I told him I'll stay out of his way, and that he is free to post anything and everything he's willing to share right here in my forum.

So whether you already know Matt, or this is your introduction, please join me in welcoming him as the first person other than me to be a contributor to the Battlecorals forum!

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 11.06.50 AM.png
Glad to see you two teaming up in a sense!! This is great for the hobby overall and look forward to some great content for years to come!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank Adam @Battlecorals for this opportunity! For those confused, I just felt that I should step back and not post videos and such in my own forum because I certainly don’t have the stature that many of you do in reefing, and I am not a sponsor of R2R. I am a hobbyist, and I thought that it would be more appropriate to post in the community forums. But then Adam somehow saw things differently, as we all know he often does, and offered me this opportunity to join him here on his forum. That gave me renewed motivation to continue sharing my reefing and to help others where I can. I don’t know what this will lead to, but I know it will be awesome, and I’m grateful. Thanks again Adam!

Back